I need a Contractor in DR

fitnessguy

Jan 27, 2006
Hello everyone. Does anyone know a trustworthy contractor in DR. I want to start building a condo in Boca Chica DR, but I'm not sure who to turn to. My wife's family is from Boca Chica and they have spoken to a lawyer for us. He was supposed to let us know about a contractor/developer, but he's procrastinating. Does anyone know a reliable company I can turn to? I'm ready to roll with this thing. Also, would it be in my best interest to try and borrow money from a bank in DR or do most contractors work out monthly payment contracts? Thanks for you feed back!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Man oh man, are you in for some terrible surprises. :(

What a place to try and build something.

You might want to go over to Metro Country Club and talk to the Mr Ankron or Jos? Luis Asilis and see who they have used or who they trust(???).

As far as a Dominican bank lending you money, a lot will depend on who you are and what you offer in guarantee.

Finally, please do not think youcancarry this off because your wife's family is from Boca Chica. THAT is not a recommendation that counts much. You will have to oversee this almost from start to finish. Please remember the very true addage "How do you take a small fortune out of the Dominican Republic??

Answer: Come with a very large one.!!:p:p"

This will make for interesting reading down the line.

Good Luck,

HB :D:D:D

fitnessguy

Jan 27, 2006
Hillbilly said:
Man oh man, are you in for some terrible surprises. :(

What a place to try and build something.

You might want to go over to Metro Country Club and talk to the Mr Ankron or Jos? Luis Asilis and see who they have used or who they trust(???).

As far as a Dominican bank lending you money, a lot will depend on who you are and what you offer in guarantee.

Finally, please do not think youcancarry this off because your wife's family is from Boca Chica. THAT is not a recommendation that counts much. You will have to oversee this almost from start to finish. Please remember the very true addage "How do you take a small fortune out of the Dominican Republic??

Answer: Come with a very large one.!!:p:p"

This will make for interesting reading down the line.

Good Luck,

HB :D:D:D

Thanks for the encouraging news! (LOL)
Believe me I wasn't too crazy about the place, but it seems like a nice little area. I've just heard stories in Boca Chica about people building homes and not getting what they asked for or paid for. Maybe I should just sell all of the land and look somewhere else. Any suggestions?? You mentioned Metro Country Club where's that located? I guess you're suggesting Boca Chica isn't the easiest or best place to build a condo??? Thanks for your feed back. I know I'm going to make mistakes going into this, but I don't want to make too many.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The reason I mentioned Metro was that it was sort of "near by" being over in Juan Dolio. Everything is generally on the up and up and Steve Ankron or Jos? Luis Asilis are the guys to talk to. There are also excellent sites at Guavaberry but I don't know how deep your pockets are. If you are patient, you might find some "distressed" properties in this area.

Also look into Juan Dolio and Guayacanes, if you really like the South Coast. You can talk to MommC on this board, she is an encyclopedia of info on that area.

I just don't feel right about things when "the wife's family" gets involved, since it usually means $$ out of one pocket into another..:p

Take your time, there are good people out there that will help you..

HB:D:D:D

fitnessguy

Jan 27, 2006
Hillbilly said:
The reason I mentioned Metro was that it was sort of "near by" being over in Juan Dolio. Everything is generally on the up and up and Steve Ankron or Jos? Luis Asilis are the guys to talk to. There are also excellent sites at Guavaberry but I don't know how deep your pockets are. If you are patient, you might find some "distressed" properties in this area.

Also look into Juan Dolio and Guayacanes, if you really like the South Coast. You can talk to MommC on this board, she is an encyclopedia of info on that area.

I just don't feel right about things when "the wife's family" gets involved, since it usually means $$ out of one pocket into another..:p

Take your time, there are good people out there that will help you..

HB:D:D:D

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely check into what you've told me. It's not so much that I like the South Coast, it's just that's all I really know right now. I've been reading up a lot on Samana and Sosua recently on the North Coast and will be in Punta Cana the week of May 6th. I was kind of talked into Boca Chica because I was told it was an area that many tourist like to visit because of the beaches and night life. My original goal was to build condos there and rent them out, but I'm not sure how tough it would be to rent something in Boca Chica. I get mixed responsed from people, but mostly negative. I'll take your info and run with it. Where can I find contact info for Steve and Jose? DR yellow pages? Thanks for all of your help! I'll keep you posted as to what's going on. Hopefully it'll all work out.