Flight from guatemala to DR

Ivan

Mar 30, 2006
Does anyone know of any cheap airlines ( not AA) that travels between Guatemala and Santo Dominigo? I would like a one way flight ticket from Guatemala to the Capital in August, something under three hunderd dollars, can anyone share resources?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I doubt there are any direct connections to Guatemala.

The most possible thing to do would be connection either via Miami or Panama. You could also try via Havana if there are any flights between Guate and the Cuban capital.

-NALs

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I searched a few websites. There is a one stop that goes SDQ to JFK and JFK to GUA. Since I did not have an exact date, I chose one-way on Aug. 16, 2006 as a benchline date. That flight involved AA and Taca. It was around 440 dollars.

Copa also is possible. The flight is SDQ to Panama and Panama to GUA. One way for that was more, slightly over 500 dollars.

Edited to add:

I know you said not AA - but thought I'd mention it since it appears to be a les expensive option.

Last edited:

Ivan

Mar 30, 2006
Thank you, so much. I will check the different sites. I will be in GUA in July, I am thinking of going to SDQ on the first or second of August, if the price is right.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Be aware, the airlines will only sell you a return (round trip) flight or a one-way flight if you have an onward flight to your home country.

The posters are right - COPA via Panama and AA via Miami are the only routes. Prices vary according to season and COPA is generally the less expensive.

nine1973

Nov 24, 2004
Be ready to pay at least 570 USD...I was in GUA in Feb and I had to use my COPA miles, since flight was costing a range between 660 USD and 880 USD for a roundtrip between GUA and SDQ...prices are high because of market offer and demand for all central american routes including Panama City.