Medium Size Hotels Between SD and Boca Chica

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Would anyone know of any medium size($30-$70) hotels between Santo Domingo and Boca Chica. I did not want to stay in either the capital or Boca Chica, but I need to be in the general area. I don't care about a beach but a small pool would be nice. If not in that area, is there something similar just west of the capital before San Cristobal? (or should I post in the South West Coast forum?) Quiet is OK with me. Thanks

Juniper

Apr 15, 2004
There is a very nice Quality Hotel near Las Americans International airport and it's half way to Santo Domingo and half way to Boca Chica. It has a swimming pool and price includes a buffet breakfast. If you make the reservation thru their website, the rate is $110.00 U.S. But if you reserve thru American Airlines' website, it goes down to $68.75. Don't forget, that you still have to add 26% tax.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
You would be a true ponce to pay US$100 or $70 for that matter, between the airport and Boca Chica when the same room (Costalunga, El Candil, etc.) in Boca Chica is $40. The cab is only $18.

Juniper

Apr 15, 2004
I did not want to stay in either the capital or Boca Chica

Folks, he said he doesn't want to stay in either Boca Chica or Santo Domingo.
And besides, the hotels you mention in Boca Chica are not comparable to the Quality Hotel by the airport.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
not sure what the prob is with boca chica. El Candil will pick you up and drop you off at the airport for free and for 40-50 USD its a nice place with good security. The airport pick up/drop off is definely a savings of 20 US each way.It is not on the beach and it is not on duarte.

I couldnt imagine paying 100 for some place near the airport.

Not sure what the OP's objections are to BC....but it sounds like a better bet to me if he doesnt want to stay in SD proper.

Juniper

Apr 15, 2004
I will keep in mind the hotel El Candil in case I ever need to stay in that area. Especially if they pick you up at the airport.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Juniper said:
I will keep in mind the hotel El Candil in case I ever need to stay in that area. Especially if they pick you up at the airport.
I think they require a minimum of a 3 day stay for the free airport pickup.