Iberostar Costa Dorada

Status
Not open for further replies.

gayc

Apr 13, 2006
www.swimwithus.co.uk
Hi everyone

I staying at the Iberostar Costa Dorado for 2 weeks 13th June. First time to the Dominican Republic. I can't wait!:bunny:

Has anyone stayed at this hotel?

Anyone going there the same time?

Regards, Gay (UK)

gayc

Apr 13, 2006
www.swimwithus.co.uk
Thanks Greg

I am busy looking through Martin website www.isairatours.com to book one or two tours.

I can only do half days though as I have ME (CFS). I am hoping I can find a way to swim with the dolphins. My husband likes to fish and I love boat trips.

Gay C

gayc

Apr 13, 2006
www.swimwithus.co.uk
Many thanks for that. I'm just a big kid with animals. I really enjoyed just watching the videos.

I am so excited at the thought of actually being there.

Can you tell me how far it is from the Iberostart Costa Dorada?

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
Oceanworld is about a 20 min drive from your hotel and depending on where you book, transfers should be included in the price.

You mentioned that you like boat trips - you could look into a trip on a catamaran. Freestyle catamarans are highly recommended and here's their website http://www.caribbeanoceanadventures.com/freestyle.html
They depart daily from the beach lining the Playa Dorada complex which is next to Costa Dorada where you will be staying.

Daydream

total_angel4

Jun 8, 2005
hiya,
iberostar costa dorada is THE best dominican hotel, i wish i could have gone back there this year, however i am not fortunate enough, and am going to the gran vetana instead, you will have the most fantastic time, and the people there really are the most friendly people i have ever met.
as for ocean world, the dolphin swim is one thing, i dont think i will ever forget! it was absolutely amazing!!

gayc

Apr 13, 2006
www.swimwithus.co.uk
Thanks Total Angel

I can't wait for June to come :bunny:

Which room did you stay in - whereabouts I mean? Was it quiet?

I have ME (CFS) and I always ask for a quiet room near the facilities if possible. I'm hoping I will stay well. I would hate to miss my Dolphin swim.

Denmay565

Dec 6, 2005
Gay: The hotel is very good; well run, clean and the amenities are good. Some sound suggestions would be to request an upper level room as opposed to a ground floor one to take advantage of the balcony area and one preferably close to the ocean. Second, although the general buffet is good, the two themed restaurants are outstanding so I would take advantage of them by making reservations for them as soon as you check into the hotel. If you want to have the room made just a little extra special, leave a dollar for the maid each morning. You'll love the place I'm sure including the shows, the lovely pool and the beach. Take a trip into Cabarete and if you're into horse back riding go to Gipsy's which is between Cabarete and Sosua and enjoy horse back riding on the beach......Have fun

gayc

Apr 13, 2006
www.swimwithus.co.uk
Thanks Denmay

That's very handy to know.

I am on a strict diet at the moment getting off what I put on in Egypt and making plenty of room for the theme nights ;)

I've just had a couple of replies from diving schools although they seem to be full days which I think may be too much for me at the minute. Although my swimming technique is fairly good, I tire quickly.

I'm determined to do at a couple of half days though.

Horseback riding on the beach sounds great. I must try and talk my hubby into that.

Thanks again, Gay

JRSYCOLL

Mar 10, 2003
Catamaran

I read the prior posts...
First..we've stayed at the Iberostar and loved it. ( you will too) I have absolutely no doubts about that.
Second..we did Ocean World 2 years ago AND HAD A GREAT TIME. My fave time was actually w/ the sea lions. It was great. But we swam w/ the dolphins and it was really interesting. Be careful..there were 2 different packages when we went, one you sit on the dock and the OTHER one ya actually swim w/ them.
Third...you speak a few times of 1/2 days. The catamaran is a great trip, but it is a looong day. You leave in the AM early n get back about 4'ish. I'm not sure if it is something for you if you cannot do long tours.
Maybe for a 1/2 day trip you can use one of the area tour guides..there is one right across the street from the hotel. Do the rum factory..maybe the cable car..go into Puerto Plata. That can all be done in 1/2 days time and it's VERY interesting. We always book the tours on our own..not w/ the reps at the hotel.
Hope I've helped some. Have a great time...I leave TOMORROW!!!! I can't wait

Status
Not open for further replies.