Former US Ambassador Charles Manatt

Status
Not open for further replies.

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Mirador said:

Hardly a scholarly journal, Mirador. But I have learned to keep my expectations low in regards to your "sources". That wouldn't be an acceptable resource for a kindergarten paper.

I am looking forward to seeing if you admit to just how wrong you have been when the US troops (reservists) leave the island and the Caribbean training exercises are over...and there has been no permanent base established in the DR or an invasion of Venezuela. Will you do it with the same enthusiasm?

I won't hold my breath ;)

Viva la revolucion!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: How's the September 11th conspiracy theory coming along? I see that Charlie Sheen, another great academic mind, has joined the team. You must be proud.

Scandall

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Scandall said:

PS: How's the September 11th conspiracy theory coming along? I see that Charlie Sheen, another great academic mind, has joined the team. You must be proud.

Scandall

Randy, you better keep your head down, they are shooting from the grassy knoll... ;-)

-

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Mirador said:
Randy, you better keep your head down, they are shooting from the grassy knoll... ;-)

-

It is the occasionally witty comment like that that keeps me from hating you ;)

See you soon,

Scandallous Maximus

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I met the man and enjoyed his company. He is a former DNC (Democrat National Committee) chairman, so he must have a lot of money and personal skills. He did as he was told here and I think he made a lot of friends. I saw where he was hosting Fern?ndez in Washington during the recent visit.
He did his job. A lot better than some and certainly better than the rest.

HB :D:D

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I have met him too privately. I went to his residency in santo domingo with the mexican embassador. His wife's name is katherine ( I believe) and she is from california. He was a lawyer back home and I think he was clinton's man. He was very friendly but he also had a strong influence on people all over this island. The mexican embassador said nice things about him and he seemed very confident and well liked by his staff.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
MrMike said:
Hmmm... diplomats saying nice things about each other, how odd...
Actually, the former mexican embassador and I are very close. She was like family. I have known her for years from NYC and she was my uncle's wife at the time in santo domingo. She would not use diplomatic sweet talk with me. Througn her, I met most of the embassadors of most important countries in santo domingo. Too bad she is long gone from here.
AZB

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
For sure, I would have liked to know her opinion on what impact the sale of Verizon Dominicana will have on the country's telecommunications infrastructure.

I have heard that Mexico's is one of the worst in the world.

johny2001

May 24, 2006
drivel

Mirador said:

Mirador, this topic may be outdated, but I do feel compelled to comment on it nonetheless. And this is about as political as I'm going to get here, so relish it while you can....

I honestly hope that you-or anyone else for that matter- don't buy into that drivel. It seems like all the other forms of "exposes" and "revelations" that dogged Mr. Clinton throughout his presidency, and each could be ultimately discredited and its sources repudiated. If that article wasn't financed by the likes of the Arkansas project, if its writer didn't have ties to right wing extremist crackpots like Richard Mellon Scaife or Ann Coulter, then I would be incredibly shocked and bewildered.

If I wanted that kind of sludge, I'd click it on Fox News Channel....

Status
Not open for further replies.