Best place to buy Larimar necklace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Hi everyone,

I'm heading to POP in July and I promised a friend that I would bring her a necklace back with the Larimar stone.

I know I can find them everywhere, even by the beach vendors :) but
does anyone know the best place to buy one at a decent price with good quality in Puerto Plata?

I would greatly appreciate any help! :)

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Me again............

Okay I'm replying to my own post lol

I don't want anyone to think I'm being lazy because I've been doing some searching on DR1 for any previous posts and I have found this information only:

There is a shop in POP on calle Beller (downtown), it's close to the amber museum as well, La Canoa.

To buy from shops not on the beach and to learn a little about the Larimar as it can be easily faked :)

Also noted to buy from any reputable store such as El Conde. But I don't know what's reputable so that's where I need you all to help me.

I will also be around Sosua and Cabarete.

Some help with any recommendations please and I will wait :)

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
Go to Compravento stores which stock a huge selection of larimar jewellery . The prices are much better than in regular jewellery stores. The deeper in blue colour stones are the best ones. Compravento Antonio in P.Plata is excellent, they are at #7 J.E. Kunhardt Tel. 809-586-6516. They are really trustworthy, the owner is a friend of mine Canadian Bob.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
canadian bob thanks so much!! I will definatly head there for sure, I really appreciate your help :)

canadian bob said:
Go to Compravento stores which stock a huge selection of larimar jewellery . The prices are much better than in regular jewellery stores. The deeper in blue colour stones are the best ones. Compravento Antonio in P.Plata is excellent, they are at #7 J.E. Kunhardt Tel. 809-586-6516. They are really trustworthy, the owner is a friend of mine Canadian Bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.