Semana Santa 2006 in Nagua

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Ok...just got back from DR...

I will upload some pics but I had a new camera and most of the pics came out blurry...Tony was right, should have bought the camera way before the trip in order to read all the instructions beforehand! (I hate to admit when he's right!) :cheeky:

Anyway...the trip was awesome...but I missed Tony so much, that even though we spent every minute together and didn't fight at all the entire time, I felt it wasn't enough!!! Why is it this way? I was miserable on the way back, and kept trying to think that this is one more trip closer to the interview date, but still...very depressing... :disappoin

Got to DR on Wed. April 12th, and by 7:30 I was with my honey in the car on the way home!!!

We had to escape the family so we headed to San Isidro, and from there we went to the movies!!!

Can you imagine? We wanted to catch "La fiesta del chivo" just in case we couldn't make it on Sunday night, but they weren't showing it where we went so we ended up watching "Ice Age 2"...I told Tony I was gonna write this here so you guys could have a good laugh on us!!!

On Thursday Tony had to work until noon, and we planned on leaving around 2 p.m., but his sweet Aunt wanted to go to Nagua with us...her husband was there already...Why do they do this? They know I'm only there for 4 days, and want to spend our time together and ALONE!!! :devious: :confused: :angry:

That was our first conversation about the 'family'...Tony agreed with me, but didn't see anything wrong in taking her...I was upset, but I had promised myself there would be no fighting on this trip...so I had to give in...

Of course, we didn't get to Nagua until like 8 p.m., went to the hotel (Cambri) and then to dinner (Cora's)...it was raining cats and dogs and I started to think that the weekend was gonna be ruined by the rain...but...NO...thank GOD!!!

Friday we woke up early and it was BEAUTIFUL!!! We were on our way to the beach, when Auntie again calls and invites us to a party at Las Terrenas...since we were going there anyway, we met up with them and at least didn't pay for food and drinks...there was plenty of both to go around!!!

Got back really late and tired...we had planned to go to the park and just hang out until after midnight, thinking the clubs were gonna open then, but no...very religious people in Nagua...no clubs, no music, nothing...so we had a 'chimi' and went back to the hotel and crashed until Sat. morning! (No, wait...I missed something...but you know what we did before going to sleep :cheeky: )

Sat. we got up early again , but it was cloudy...had breakfast and headed towards Cabrera...didn't look too pretty for the beach...but...we went anyways...to Playa Grande...(passed by El Diamante but I didn't like it at all)

Playa Grande is pretty, but full of people and the water was sort of dirty...but we managed to have fun anyway!

At around 4:00 we started driving towards Puerto Plata, I wanted to see if we could make it to Bahia de Maim?n, by the RIU resorts, but after we passed Bahia Principe-Rio San Juan, we found the most amazing little places where they sell fried fish and batatas and we stopped there to eat...

Again that night we got back late, but we just had to go dancing...

We did...although the park was MUCH BETTER than the club, (full and hot!) so we stayed at the park...

We listened to music, Tony had a couple of beers and we just people-watched and talked about everything and everyone!!!

Around 2:00 a.m. we headed back to the hotel... On Sunday we woke up to the MOST BEAUTIFUL DAY!!! Sunny, fresh...and also my last day there...

We were gonna go to Las Terrenas to spend the whole day there...(not even thinking of the drive back to SD)...but I wanted to see what La Playa de los Gringos was like...and it was AWESOME!!!

Clean, clear water...not too many people (at least until 3:00 pm) good music, great food...and right by the hotel we were staying at...

So...we were there until 3:30 and then headed back...On the way to SD we saw SO MANY people campaigning ...it was funny...looked like Carnival...all the people waving their flags at motorists and the cars honking...the music blasting and the drinking WAY out of hand!!! La verdad es que no hay nada como la Rep?blica Dominicana!

We had planned to go dancing with some of Tony's friends that we hadn't seen, but by the time we got back I was tired and didn't want to share my baby with anyone...so...I made my bags (needed to be at the airport by 5 a.m.) and then we just spent the rest of the night alone...talking and making love (oops, I wasn't supposed to write that! :cheeky: )

Now I'm back and again I'm feeling miserable...We kept thinking on the way to the airport how if I go every 2 months or so, there might be only 2 more trips when I have to come back by myself, and then finally we can fly out together...but it still doesn't make me happy...

Oh, well...there you have it guys and girls...my trip report...hope you enjoyed reading it...

I hope to be in a better mood soon....

MQ