Do Dominicans Need A Visa To Visit Haiti???

boogieman

Mar 30, 2006
and besides..

whats goin on in HAITI right now.. is it still crazy to enter there?

are dominicans and haitians beefing?
sorta like israelis and some arabs?

macocael

Bronze
Aug 3, 2004
www.darkhorseimages.com
Sort of yes. You pay them about 30 bucks and they stamp your passport. You can arrange it through Caribe Tours, which will take you direct through the customs station at Jiman? and on to Puerto Principe. A journey of more than five hours, cost a little over a hundred bucks tariffs included.

Contrary to what you read in the media it is NOT crazy to go to Haiti, and frankly in some ways it is tamer than DR. I have plenty of friends who go regularly, I go too, and my wife had a vacation there last Spring and fell in love with the place. Dominicans and Haitians are beefing,but mostly in the Cibao where the Haitian migrant labor presence is greater than ever before and has caused some tensions. In Dajabon lately the feeling is tense as well, but generally along the border they live peaceably enough side by side. Those provinces have always been heavily mixed and there is plenty of cross-cultural blending. Dont believe all you hear on this board or in the media.

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
Any updated info on this issue as I need to take 2 Dominicans to Haiti shortly

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
We looked into that in 2008 and it was about $80US and took about 3 days to be processed. We never went through with it so I don't know the exact process....I would assume some things have changed in the last 3 years.

JC171

Oct 20, 2002
The Law Has recently Changed
Dominicans Holding a Valid Visa/Residency card for USA, or Canada, or European Union may enter Haiti Visa free up to 90 days
if they Dont Hold a Valid Visa for one of those countries they will need to Apply for a Haitian Visa