Photos of active jetbridges and second floor at STI

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Let's see. I'm going to attempt this. If I fail I'll email the pics to Rob so he can post them.

I took several photos of the new second floor waiting area and the active jetbridges. Enjoy!

It didn't work. I'm emailing them to Rob.

Rob - can you post them on this thread?

Thanks.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
El Tigre, if you want to put a picture in a post, just upload the pictures to a server like www.tinypic.com (it's free). Then use the "Insert Image" feature to point to the link.

Jun 5, 2004
Tigre when did they start working? Because as of 915 yesterday morning they were not working? Was I the one with ad luck that didnt get to use the jetbridges?

El Tigre

Jan 23, 2003
apdomini100max said:
Tigre when did they start working? Because as of 915 yesterday morning they were not working? Was I the one with ad luck that didnt get to use the jetbridges?

If you flew AA you will not have used them. Only Continental and Delta are using them right now.

El Tigre

Jan 23, 2003
rellosk said:
El Tigre, if you want to put a picture in a post, just upload the pictures to a server like www.tinypic.com (it's free). Then use the "Insert Image" feature to point to the link.

I'll try this again.

El Tigre

Jan 23, 2003
Testing.
vy06xj.jpg

El Tigre

Jan 23, 2003
Please look at picture #4 in Rob's post.

If you look towards the back-left there is a wall with some paintings and trees in front of it. In that spot there will be a bar/snack area. It's set to open in a couple of weeks. Right now you have to go downstairs to get your drinks/snacks.

This new waiting area is soooo nice. It has great air conditioning!!!

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Can't wait til August, it looks beautiful, but you know what??? I used to like to walk out into the runway it felt so great to breath in the air and get hit by the hot sun and just walking up to the airport and the greeting with the tipico band. Just beautiful.

Flakko

Dec 5, 2003
Awesome! I'm arriving on July on CO, so hopefully I'll use the new jetbridges! Weeeeeeee!

Jan 5, 2006
Any idea as to why AA is not using the jetbridges? They certainly would make it easier for the people that need assistance getting on and off the planes.

Jun 5, 2004
Well to say the truth tha eirport looks beatiful and it is amazing how they have managed to do all of this. I definitely agree with Hipocrito I believe that AA should use the jetbridges because they have the majority of flights which means that alot of people will need assistance boarding the planes. To me it makes no sense.

El Tigre

Jan 23, 2003
Hipocrito Mejia said:
Any idea as to why AA is not using the jetbridges? They certainly would make it easier for the people that need assistance getting on and off the planes.

It's a good question. I can't think it's because of the money. Delta is bankrupt and they are renting a space there. Who knows.

Any AA expert care to comment?

El Tigre

Jan 23, 2003
Anyone flown out of STI recently? I want to inquire about the snacks/beverages area that wasn't open when I took these photos back in April of 2006. Did they open up the snack area in the second floor?

Sep 19, 2005
I flew out on nov 26th......what would you like to know.

there isnt anything up on the second floor over on the side of the jet bridges, except the gate with some TVs....the isle is split down the middle with a glass or plexiglass divider...that leads to and from the jet bridges...

On the other side of the aiport is a second floor food court...but that has been there for over a year..maybe longer.....it now has a Resturant-Bar which is a little upscalish.....along with half a dozen other stores-food service places....

bob

El Tigre

Jan 23, 2003
Hi Bob.

Look at the number 4 picture in post #8.

In April I wrote the following:

If you look towards the back-left there is a wall with some paintings and trees in front of it. In that spot there will be a bar/snack area. It's set to open in a couple of weeks. Right now you have to go downstairs to get your drinks/snacks.

+++
I wanted to know if they opened that snack/beverage area.

Sep 19, 2005
there is a bathroom in the middle of that wall...and i didnt notice anyone milling about over there o this last trip....so i dont think anything has changed since the picture Robert Posted....upstairs anyway in that room.

in one of the pictures is shows the gates listed B4 B5 B6...right under that is the opening to the restrooms.....if you were to punch a hole in the wall where you described the future snack bar will be... I THINK you would pop out into the new resturant that is accessable from the other side( where the food service court is now..... I think the resturant is at least directly behind and upstairs of the AA check in counters....were you get your boarding pass and check your luggage.....if you come back from the other side of ther aiport to that spot....youd be in almost the same area..if you popped through that wall you were talking about.....soooo..unless they build that snack bar INSIDE the room pictured in roberts posts...there isnt room on the other side of that wall I dont think

bob