staying at Don Emilio hotel

dstoutam

Apr 18, 2006
Is the Don Emilio a nice hotel to stay in? Do they allow outside guests at no charge? six of us are traveling to boca chica memorial day weekend for the festivities and the women.

la flor

Jan 6, 2005
The Don Emilio is a boutique hotel. its small and not all inclusive. the rooms are decent, and you can go eat meals out on the street. I dont know the policy about bringing people in free of charge, but I knew of guests staying there that were bringing people back to their rooms to hook up! I was staying at the Hamaca, and every day my daughter and I would walk down to the Don emilio and spend the day thier on the beach which was the best location of the Boca Chica beach, and I stayed there on the last nite of our vacation, the gave me a 1/2 day rate because I had a 4am filght out. I would go again if back in Boca Chica.

jacetheace

Apr 29, 2006
Excellent value for your money

I stayed at Don Emilio for 6 days a week ago. I had a great time.

The hotel sits on the best part of Boca Chica. It is not an all-inclusive hotel, but breakfast was included. The hotel itself is quiet, although La Roca restaurant next door blasts its music till 11:30 every night. Go for the "view suites" (308 and 309). They are worth the additional pennies. Shopping is convenient - I bought my Presidente beer and pop from the supermarket just a few hundered feet away and store them in the ice cold fridge in the room. I stayed in two different rooms, all the air cons worked!

The owner has his own suite on the top floor. He lives there, so security was not an issue. I plan to go back there again.

(Ask for "Junior" or Julio, a part time server who speaks good English, and he will take you to the right places.)

LeoTra

Apr 28, 2006
Don Emilio is a great place to stay! We always use it as our "escape" it is nice and quiet and the breakfast and service are great. "Don Emilio" is wonderful as is his family - they live in NY now but are frequent visitors. They also have Apartments right off the beach that are really nice for longer stays. They have a great kids area in the water with an inflatable park. It really is the nicest area of the beach in Boca Chica and a really great value for your money. Have fun!