Middle Class Ladies in Santo Domingo

nativeson

Apr 19, 2006
Saludos,

I'm in my early 30s and looking to meet a mature middle class woman in her early 20s, where can they be found in SD?

May 12, 2005
I'd try hanging around the many universities there. I think you can find what you are looking for. It also helps if your spanish is passable.

nativeson

Apr 19, 2006
AnnaC said:
what have you got to offer? ;)

We'll, I'm an upper middle class man from California. No problems with women in my own country, just very intrigued by the beauty of the DR. Not just on a sex level, perhaps I can find the one to marry.

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
If Pib would read this thread, she could give you lots of advice on it. She's married so hands off or her husband Bok will chop them off for you :D

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
nativeson said:
We'll, I'm an upper middle class man from California. No problems with women in my own country, just very intrigued by the beauty of the DR. Not just on a sex level, perhaps I can find the one to marry.

Here's some advice. Take it or leave it.

Are you coming as a tourist? Or are you moving here? It makes a huge difference. Do you hang out with tourists at home? Didn't think so. As a tourist you will probably not even see any middle or upper middle class Dominicans. They don't frequent tourist places.

Speaking at least a little Spanish is absolutely necessary. I would not advise hanging out at a university for no apparent reason. You'll look like an idiot.

If you are only visiting for a short time I recommend just getting to know the DR. If you are on a quest you will surely fail..and quite possibly look stupid in the process.

Just my two pesos...do whatever you want.

It wouldn't hurt to do a search for a thread called "Hillbilly's Golden Rules" about dating a Dominican. They may sound harsh but they are good guidelines with very few exceptions.

Scandall
www.dr1.com/podcast

nativeson

Apr 19, 2006
Scandall said:
Here's some advice. Take it or leave it.

Are you coming as a tourist? Or are you moving here? It makes a huge difference. Do you hang out with tourists at home? Didn't think so. As a tourist you will probably not even see any middle or upper middle class Dominicans. They don't frequent tourist places.

Speaking at least a little Spanish is absolutely necessary. I would not advise hanging out at a university for no apparent reason. You'll look like an idiot.

If you are only visiting for a short time I recommend just getting to know the DR. If you are on a quest you will surely fail..and quite possibly look stupid in the process.

Just my two pesos...do whatever you want.

It wouldn't hurt to do a search for a thread called "Hillbilly's Golden Rules" about dating a Dominican. They may sound harsh but they are good guidelines with very few exceptions.

Scandall
www.dr1.com/podcast

Scandall,

I appreciate the candid feedback. I assume you're a native Dominican, respect. You've probably had your fill of Gringos looking to pilfer the beauty of your country. Fyi, I?m not an average tourist, I consider myself a guest to any new territory I visit, as I stated in my ?Rendezvous? post. I say this because I have nothing but the utmost respect for all people who live according to the natural order of things righteous. It?s highly likely that I will blend into the DR, resembling your average well kept native, not simply because of my physical appearance but essentially because of my disposition.

And, to tell you the truth, I do hang out with tourists in my country. Some of the best times I can recall have been with people just like myself who have a pure affection for a certain locale, venture out to experience it and attract like minded individuals for fulfilling, organic experiences. My point is, I?m attempting to make friends with some natives before I actually arrive in the DR to perhaps, have some happy times. Not to worry, the last thing I would do in any situation or geographical location, is carry myself in an uncivilized manner.

Peace
Antonio

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
nativeson said:
Scandall,

I appreciate the candid feedback. I assume you're a native Dominican, respect. You've probably had your fill of Gringos looking to pilfer the beauty of your country. Fyi, I?m not an average tourist, I consider myself a guest to any new territory I visit, as I stated in my ?Rendezvous? post. I say this because I have nothing but the utmost respect for all people who live according to the natural order of things righteous. It?s highly likely that I will blend into the DR, resembling your average well kept native, not simply because of my physical appearance but essentially because of my disposition.

And, to tell you the truth, I do hang out with tourists in my country. Some of the best times I can recall have been with people just like myself who have a pure affection for a certain locale, venture out to experience it and attract like minded individuals for fulfilling, organic experiences. My point is, I?m attempting to make friends with some natives before I actually arrive in the DR to perhaps, have some happy times. Not to worry, the last thing I would do in any situation or geographical location, is carry myself in an uncivilized manner.

Peace
Antonio

Antonio,

I am not Dominican and did not mean to imply that I was. But I have lived here for a few years and have a reasonable grasp on the way things work.

This is a very different culture than the US. You will have a hard time meeting up with "normal" Dominicans as a tourist. Tourists are transient and seen as little more than a source of revenue for the island. It is not personal...people constantly come and go...that is the nature of things.

Where will you be visiting? Perhaps some other DR1ers can be of assistance.

Scandall
www.dr1.com/podcast

nativeson

Apr 19, 2006
Scandall said:
Antonio,

I am not Dominican and did not mean to imply that I was. But I have lived here for a few years and have a reasonable grasp on the way things work.

This is a very different culture than the US. You will have a hard time meeting up with "normal" Dominicans as a tourist. Tourists are transient and seen as little more than a source of revenue for the island. It is not personal...people constantly come and go...that is the nature of things.

Where will you be visiting? Perhaps some other DR1ers can be of assistance.

Scandall
www.dr1.com/podcast

Beyond SD, I'll probably make my way to Boca Chica. Can't precisely speak on the motivation until I touch the ground you know? I know I'll be at the local discos.

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
nativeson said:
Beyond SD, I'll probably make my way to Boca Chica. Can't precisely speak on the motivation until I touch the ground you know? I know I'll be at the local discos.

I would do a lot more research if I were you. Boca Chica is the exact opposite of what you are looking for. Good luck.

Scandall

Sep 19, 2005
Scandall said:
I would do a lot more research if I were you. Boca Chica is the exact opposite of what you are looking for. Good luck.

Scandall

he has to get the jitters out FIRST.... or he may drool on himself if he meets a well dressed middle class hottie.!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha ha

I think you need luck ...contacts, or time or a mixture of all the above. You have to go to middle class events. Like the movies , a concert, a play, the baseball game. You have to get lucky and invite someone you meet to another one of those social events. Unless you blend in you will be thought of as a gringo who only wants to shag a latino hottie and got lost looking for the strip club. It never hurst to try. You can see middle class women in the upper end stores.....one that recently comes to mind..believe it or not is that huge grocery store National in santiago....becasue the lower class people will never sho there. The trick may be finding a single woman there........again the outsider image god put on your face is going to be the biggest obstacle.

even if a nice girl from a great middle to upper class family liked you...could she bring herself to introducing you to her parents? Big task FOR HER.

but I wish you the best and know if it happens you will be very happy.

bob

Wag

Feb 4, 2005
Antonio:

Please keep in mind that while you are in Boca Chica you will not find what you are looking for, it does not matter how they look like, how well they speak english or how well they carry themselves. Just enjoy your time there and get a tan on the beach.

When you are done, find your way to Santiago, PM AZB (sorry AZB... you habe just been recruited ;) ) he can show you around town and introduce you to some friends. I can also introduce you to some friends you so you can start to "network" from there on. That should be an easier start than going solo.

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
laurapasinifan said:
he has to get the jitters out FIRST.... or he may drool on himself if he meets a well dressed middle class hottie.!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha ha

I think you need luck ...contacts, or time or a mixture of all the above. You have to go to middle class events. Like the movies , a concert, a play, the baseball game. You have to get lucky and invite someone you meet to another one of those social events. Unless you blend in you will be thought of as a gringo who only wants to shag a latino hottie and got lost looking for the strip club. It never hurst to try. You can see middle class women in the upper end stores.....one that recently comes to mind..believe it or not is that huge grocery store National in santiago....becasue the lower class people will never sho there. The trick may be finding a single woman there........again the outsider image god put on your face is going to be the biggest obstacle.

even if a nice girl from a great middle to upper class family liked you...could she bring herself to introducing you to her parents? Big task FOR HER.

but I wish you the best and know if it happens you will be very happy.

bob

Bob makes great points. Good people hang out in good places. The DR is very classist, for lack of a better word. A middle class girl would not be caught dead drinking a beer at the colmado. Why? Because anybody can do that. She would prefer to do something that the underclass cannot. It doesn't make then snobs....it's just the way it is.

Nice cafes, museums, cultural events etc. are full of good people. El Conde in the Colonial Zone is not. But you learn that stuff over time.

I recommend getting to know the island, the culture and networking with some people. Get involved in something. I would be more than happy to have a beer with you in the Capital.

Scandall

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
nativeson said:
Saludos,

I'm in my early 30s and looking to meet a mature middle class woman in her early 20s, where can they be found in SD?
Nativeson,
unless you are planning to move to the DR or planning to do the K-1 visa thing with your new found love, why bother with middle class, there are plenty of cuties living in the barrio or working at the local supermarkets, banks and fast food joints. They are not too snobbish and easy to talk with. Take them to a local tipico, buy the beers, lie to them and you are on your way to the cabana.:classic: Middle-class chicas think they are upper class and takes more work to snag them. That means hanging in the lounges and clubs where they hang out and dressing cool and chic, hopefully with the latest fashion. Also, not being overweight or skinny, you would want to be fit. Citizens and Rock & Republics only go up to 36' waist.

But if you must have the finest the DR has too offer:cheeky: a good way is to peruse the local websites www.bonche.com www.uepa.com, have your club clothes ready, don't forget your cell phone, and look for girls that are in groups, go over, buy a round of drinks and be friendly with all of them, tell them you are new in town and want to know where to do this and where to do that, look important and speak with confidence, always smiling. Remember DO NOT single any of the girls out, you are looking for friends and hang out buddies only, these girls would be your ticket inside the "Glass Door" and you won't look desperate, like some sailor on leave:laugh: Good Luck

Ricardo
"Todo toh-toh es el mismo"

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
This is a funny thread.
Scandall has good point, so does Wag. Now ricardo is becoming one of my favorite posters on this board. These guys know what they are talking about.
Now here is my take:
I see that some guys coming from USA still have no clue on how to meet girls. Here is an example: 2 guy from ecuador, but raised in USA. They talk perfect spanish but they are actually americans from education and culture. These guys were sitting on a table next to some hotties who looked rich and classy. The girls were not even looking at anyone, they were into themselves. Instead of talking to the girls to measure the water level, they simply sent over an expensive bottle of wine to that table. The girls didn't even look or say thankyou. They simply accepted the bottle and laughed it off. The poor guys were left sitting alone like fools. They were actually sitting at our table. So I told them that they made a mistake. These girls are sitting here waiting on some one. Probably a rich guy who will pay the bill in the end anyway. Exact same thing happened. Within 20 mins, a rich old man came and took over the whole table.
So I continued to teach the green peas on what to look for. I told them it doesn't really matter that you look for in a place like Ahibar, what really matters is, what is available to them. Look around and see which girl is interested and looking. Sure enough there was a very cute indiacita tall girl sitting on a table with 3 young chopos. She was looking at me for a while and kept going to the bathroom (3 times). So what does it all mean? It means that when she goes to bathroom, you also go and meet up with her at the door and get her phone number in privacy. The poor ecuadorians didn't realize it worked like this. By the time he was sure the girl was interested and looking for a man, she left with the chopos. His loss.
So guys if you are going to try to pick up a girl in a bar, look around first and make eye contact with all girls. See which one is looking for action and then target her. Don't just send over a drink like in movies from the 80's.
AZB