"The Da Vinci Code" movie in the DR

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I am already downloading the movie from the net. I downloaded the movie last night but I was scammed. It turned out to be a documentry. damn. Now I am downloading 2 new ones and one has to be the real deal.
AZB

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
I hear the book is absolutely amazing. I tried picking it up but the begining starts off very slow so I quickly lost interest in it. Now I'm thinking of picking it back up, all my friends raved about it.
I love to read so am always up for suggestions on good books.

BY THE WAY, last time i was in here was in 2004!! how time flies.

lalla

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
Azb...

Do you have access to THAT server? If so, The Kid needs Apple's Aperture, Photoshop Element for Mac, and Photoshop CS2 for Mac.

And The Kid will make a special trip from Higuey to Santiago at the end of May to meet you, reimburse you, and people-watch while we drink. And if you need any low-priced (I can't afford much) item from Los Estados Juntos, let me know.

-The Kid
Trailer-park trash Dominican

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
something_of_the_night said:
Do you have access to THAT server? If so, The Kid needs Apple's Aperture, Photoshop Element for Mac, and Photoshop CS2 for Mac.

And The Kid will make a special trip from Higuey to Santiago at the end of May to meet you, reimburse you, and people-watch while we drink. And if you need any low-priced (I can't afford much) item from Los Estados Juntos, let me know.

-The Kid
Trailer-park trash Dominican
I use limewire to download music and stuff. I only have programs for windows, But I will look for mac stuff. Anything you want from me will be free.
Will be in touch.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
lalla said:
I hear the book is absolutely amazing. I tried picking it up but the begining starts off very slow so I quickly lost interest in it. Now I'm thinking of picking it back up, all my friends raved about it.

lalla
Once you read a few pages, you will be all hooked. My brother gave me that book when I was in spain. I spend my whole vacation in spain reading this book. Read it again, you will go insane for a few days.
AZB

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
Azb...

Well, thanks. By the way, Angels & Demons, is an even better read; if I make it to Santiago, an illustrated version of it will be in your bookshelf.

On Edit: The moderator beat me to it. So, never mind. Instead, The Kid will bring you the young and restless Miss B?varo - a transplanted Cibae?a.

The Kid
But those who love me call me 'Joseito'

Last edited:

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
AZB you are wasting bandwidth, there are no real scene releases of The DaVinci Code circulating as far as I can tell.

In a few days some crappy cam versions will surface but it will likely be at least a month or two before anything watchable is out there.

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
Thats what the girls tell me, to get over the first few pages and just dig into it. I hear angels and demons is excellent as well.

I read a few months back, "100 years of solitude" by Garcia Marquez, i absolutely loved the book, i understand it is in spanish as well and a great read in spanish. Love in the time of cholera by the same author was nice as well, a bit DRAMATIC but nice.

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
The book is supposed to be amazing! And Angels and Demons too, my co-worker read it. I suspect the movie to be one of the summers biggest blockbusters! :bunny:

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
I too found it started off slow but I kept reading and it started to get good. It was a great read had me reading non stop after lol
I can't wait to see the movie!

lalla said:

lalla

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
lalla...

Since you are now reading G.G.M., you'll find that he was greatly influenced by W. Faulkner, and so was Carlos Fuentes.

-The Kid
A real-life Sartori

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
something_of_the_night said:
Since you are now reading G.G.M., you'll find that he was greatly influenced by W. Faulkner, and so was Carlos Fuentes.

-The Kid
A real-life Sartori

Good to know!
thanks v much

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
stormer said:
The book is supposed to be amazing! And Angels and Demons too, my co-worker read it. I suspect the movie to be one of the summers biggest blockbusters! :bunny:

Honestly, if you are going to read DVC, read Angels and Demons first. It is not only the better of the two but there are several references in DVC to things that happened in Angels and Demons.

I liked DVC but read it after most of the world had already hyped the heck out of it. I thought it was good but was not blown away because I had heard most of it already.

If I had read it before hearing about most of it I would have definately been blown away. That guy does a great job of making you turn the page.

Scandall

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
Scandall said:
Honestly, if you are going to read DVC, read Angels and Demons first. It is not only the better of the two but there are several references in DVC to things that happened in Angels and Demons.

I liked DVC but read it after most of the world had already hyped the heck out of it. I thought it was good but was not blown away because I had heard most of it already.

If I had read it before hearing about most of it I would have definately been blown away. That guy does a great job of making you turn the page.

Scandall

That's good to know, I was just about to go out and get DVC. I think I'll get both and read Angel's and Demons first.........thanks.

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
Scandall said:

Scandall

A&D it is first then- this really helps!! thanks :)

any more suggestions? i am a book worm. I JUST picked up ANNA KARENINA by Leo Tolstoy. Supposed to be good

East of Eden by John Steinback was good
I know this much is true by Wally Lamb great
Cane River by Lalita Tademy (one of my favourites)

I could go on and on by i am afraid i will bore you all :ermm:

Jun 5, 2004
I heard that the book was nothing like the novel my friend downloaded it from the net. the book is the real deal but I just cant sit into a book. it has to be something exxxxxxxxxxxtremely good.

fightingirish

Dec 8, 2005
Maybe I'm the snob...

but we cannot include Garcia Marquez and Faulkner in the same thread as Dan Brown!

Brown's a hack. DVC is a second-rate anti-Catholic polemic, poorly researched with sloppy theology.

Enjoy it if you want, sure. (I enjoy drinking cheap beer). But let's not get carried away.

Besides, can you really watch a movie in which Tom Hanks has hair like that? The promotional posters alone make me laugh.