Sanky Panky: The Musical

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Should be interesting.
I understand by the article it's the first Dominican musical in cinematography and equally interesting that they picked this subject for it. ;)

It will be out by the end of the year. I wonder how it will do?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
M.A.R. said:
Well if they don't show the movie on the tourist airplanes the sankies have nothing to fear.

Or maybe they should show it on the flight back home when some people are all starry eyed. :knockedou :knockedou :knockedou

Edited to add smiles :knockedou

Last edited:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Yup, I saw an mention of this in Diario Libre the other day and was going to post about it, but it slipped my mind.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
I think this musical will put a big dent on the business...Too bad I wasn't interviewed at least for the research, I'm sure they will not get all their facts straight!!! ;)

MQ

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Certain Business

M.A.R. said:
Well if they don't show the movie on the tourist airplanes the sankies have nothing to fear.

Would not hurt their business in the least.
On the contrary I believe if they had clips at the travel agents' that this would boost female bookings.
(Although certain AI-resorts already have a certain reputation among certain holidaymakers.)

Wasn't the film termed a "romantic comedy musical"?

m'frog

abe

Jan 2, 2002
How Stella Got Her Groove Back---remake

My Spanish isn't strong enough to get some of the nuances in the article, but if we are talking about a musical about Sankies, I think we ought to be proposing some song titles--in English for the moment, so I can participate:

por ejemplo:

I Left My Heart (and my panties) in Santo Domingo

I Should Have Merengued All Night

If He Were a Rich Man

Thank Heaven for Little Canadians

Maria, I Just Met a Transsexual Called Maria

Dough, A Beer, A Female's Rear--Ray, A Sankie Whom I Love

Don't Cry for Me, Cabarete

(Real Songs)
Easy to be Hard (from "Hair")

Forget About the Boy (from "Thoroughly Modern Millie")

I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Outta My Hair ("South Pacific")

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
So if this is a musical will there be sankies dancing and leaping in the air? :laugh:

I can't wait

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
AnnaC said:
So if this is a musical will there be sankies dancing and leaping in the air? :laugh:

I can't wait

AnnaC...since most of them work in 'animaci?n'...I'm sure they will do just great in a musical/dancing number!!!:bunny:

MQ

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Musicqueen said:
AnnaC...since most of them work in 'animaci?n'...I'm sure they will do just great in a musical/dancing number!!!:bunny:

MQ

I'm sure they are all great dancers, what came to mind was scenes from West Side Story and the leaping in the air ;)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
abe said:
My Spanish isn't strong enough to get some of the nuances in the article, but if we are talking about a musical about Sankies, I think we ought to be proposing some song titles--in English for the moment, so I can participate:

por ejemplo:

I Left My Heart (and my panties) in Santo Domingo

I Should Have Merengued All Night

If He Were a Rich Man

Thank Heaven for Little Canadians

Maria, I Just Met a Transsexual Called Maria

Dough, A Beer, A Female's Rear--Ray, A Sankie Whom I Love

Don't Cry for Me, Cabarete

(Real Songs)
Easy to be Hard (from "Hair")

Forget About the Boy (from "Thoroughly Modern Millie")

I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Outta My Hair ("South Pacific")

:laugh:

These are great!