Car Rental Sdq

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
Anyone know if car rental places in sd allow you to drop off at another location ie. PUJ??? Any names?

Thanks

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
montreal said:
Anyone know if car rental places in sd allow you to drop off at another location ie. PUJ??? Any names?

Thanks

I'm looking into doing something similar, renting a car in POP and returning it at SDQ. Avis wants a $65 relocation charge.

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
avis is also the only one i found who'll let me return in puj. Car rental companies almost always charge a fee for this though. r u going 4x4? I'm going from sd to santiago to north coast to samana to puj. I think I should go 4x4 cause of samana. Any advice?

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
There is absolutely no need for 4wd in Samana proper. I have been there many times in my little "puddle jumpers". with no problem. If you are going to Las Terrenas, the roads there are terrible, so you may consider it. Also if you are driving to Playa Rincon, although I have done both in a car and survived the ordeal. Obviously, if you are going off road or exploring on back roads in the campo, you will want 4wd.

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
I would like to visit terrenas and rincon and the north coast. Probably 3 days worth. Should I rent a car just for that? The price difference is absurd. The other 4 days of car rentals would be city and highway.

Thanks for your advice