Detailed road maps

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to find detailed road maps of the whole dr and also city maps esp. SD. Cannot find much on the net. Will I be able to get this at SDQ??? Or perhaps someone has good links? Thanks

Sep 19, 2005
hey luis the store that you bought your map at, i was back at last weekend. they have a south region map that covers Santo Domingo and is just as nice and detailed as the satniago map is.

there is a topographic map available that may show a lot of roads...you cant view any part of it on the net, you have to just buy it. I may go for it, because topos show alot of detail.

bob

G

gary short

montreal....... I have a decent plastisized map of the D.R. and SD as well as PP. The name is Insight Fleximaps.

Sep 19, 2005
montreal said:
Can I get good maps in SD airport? I'll need good road maps to get around the country

montreal be careful of your expectations of getting around the country via maps alone! And be carefull when and were you purchase stuf like that...you dont want people to key in on your lack of knowledge of the country. Especially in the southern part of the country.

one BIG BIG issue is the map will tell you the ame of the road and or its number....but you wont ever see a sign out on the road telling you when and were that road starts stops or even is!.. when you come to a fork in the road, do you think that even 30 % of the time there will be a sign there telling you which way to go to stay on the road you havd been following!!!!!!!!!!! wont happen!

what you plan to do sounds like it should be filmed as a segment of the great race ha ha ha ha...

seriously good luck.

here is a phone number of the company that makes a fabtastic map of the east region and santo domingo- capitol area

1-809-688-8004 or 689-4830

on the net at www.mapasgaar.com.do

bob

G

gary short

Also get a Lonely Planet guide to the DR..............lots of maps and directions................indespensible.

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
laurapasinifan said:
here is a phone number of the company that makes a fabtastic map of the east region and santo domingo- capitol area
www.mapasgaar.com.do

bob
I agree Mapas Gaar does a great job in making quality maps.
I have their East/Santo Domingo map as well, but was hoping to buy versions with city maps of other cities as well. Bob, you're more connected to the Cibao area, aren't you? Do they sell North/Santiago versions there?

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
gary short said:
Also get a Lonely Planet guide to the DR..............lots of maps and directions................indespensible.

Absolutely very valuable, although I'd say make a good comparison with the Rough Guide before buying. I personally think that on the DR guides the Rough Guide is much better than the Lonely Planet one.

Sep 19, 2005
qgrande said:
I agree Mapas Gaar does a great job in making quality maps.
I have their East/Santo Domingo map as well, but was hoping to buy versions with city maps of other cities as well. Bob, you're more connected to the Cibao area, aren't you? Do they sell North/Santiago versions there?

yeah I have a great map of Santiago as well. As a matter of fact i just bought the East region -Santo Domingo map at the same store where I previously bought the santiago map. They are made by different companies it appears , but are made very similar. One side of the map is completely the city of santiago, the other side is other larger cities in the norte region..Puerto platta ,cabarette, rio san juan ,la vega, moca, san fransisco de macoris. bonao, sosua

the number for the map of santiago is 809- 583-2033

bob