Good night and good luck

hi-tec

Jun 15, 2004
I anlyl of you watched that movie? I have not.

Is there any situation in that movie that could be compared to DR politics at present or in the past?

If at present... have DR politicians in power, or wannabe, use it to their benefit.

All i know the plot in the movie is regading a senator being taken out of office due to the way he played intenational political affairs (wrong) going on at the time.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
The film is about Senator McCarthy and efforts of newscaster Edward Murrow to denounce the violation of individual rights. It is also the story of Fred Friendly and William Paley of CBS, who stood by Murrow when the going got tough. Coincidentally, after having read this post, my son brought a DVD home with it. Great film.

It is encouraging to think the press can serve a good purpose. Maybe it will stir a Dominican journalist or two.

hi-tec

Jun 15, 2004
Journalist get motivated now to their job... Weeks ago the killer in Azua was arrested. It is a lesson for those who, when exposed by the media, are always ready to grind an ax and show it to journalists.

In this case the executive branch acted a lot different than decades ago on the Orlando (?) case.

Problem is, that in most countries traidcional media owners have their own agenda and political inclinations., not neccesarily in convergence with lets say, transparency and empowement to the people.

People and journalist should express in specific terms and finger point when neccesary.

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
Well, high-tech...

A wise man once said that news is what they are trying to suppress, the rest is just advertising (propaganda).