photos from semana santa 06

Sep 19, 2005
just a slice of life from my last trip. Some of our pigs , some of the country side, some shots from the helicopter.

this is the pig we are keeping for breeding. We just bred her that sat before easter.

w7yjyw.jpg

this is the uncles pig in labor...she had 10!

w7ykx3.jpg

anyone for FRESH pork!!
w7ylmv.jpg

this is the gang for sale in a month...all healthy and happy now

w7ynig.jpg

up close to the hen house operation here....nice set up

w7yo36.jpg

another view they have three rows her henhouse and I think they have maybe 10 henhouses on the hill.

w7yovb.jpg

here is a some tobacco curing
w7z9kg.jpg

another shot

w7zacx.jpg

a beach for the locals east of playa dorado

w7zasw.jpg

the country side near sosua

w7zcix.jpg

bob

Sep 19, 2005
a few more

an older quarry near sosua

w7zcx4.jpg

open beach unused between caberette and sosua

w7zddh.jpg

get it while the market is soft...NICE FIXER UPPER between sosua and caberette!!

w7ze4h.jpg

bob

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
very nice pics bob. i'll post mine soon.

how much was the helicopter ride per person and for how long?

Sep 19, 2005
hey, how is life! they offered from 15 minutes to 30 on their little pamplet and we went to for 30 minutes at $144 per person.

lucked out because we got to land at POP to refuel and see a bunch of old US fighter planes , as an extra!

bob

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Say..

Say, Bob, I like the pic with the arm in Red... Turn purple in the face but whoever owns that arm must be prime stock..:chinese:

Enjoy,

Zeus (primus chopo)..

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Hey who's watching those hens???? they look like they're gossiping about their across the rack neighbors .:cheeky: :cheeky: get to work ladies!!!!!

Hey Bob is the tabaco and hen business from your GF's family???

Sep 19, 2005
MAR, the hens are a big time operation in La Riena on the mountain opposite directly out the back side of the STI airport. I wish her family owned that buisness! The tobaccao in one of the photos is her next door neighbor! Her family had land all over but it is run by uncles. her father doesnt do anything like that other than what her brother does at their house..about 6 hens and some roosters he raises for fighting. The one uncles house is right next door( used to be the grandparents house before they died) is where the pigs are...I guess they consider that house still the FAMILY house and property. There are all kinds of plants around the house. The land is all choped up and i dont know where one peice starts and the other ends.

Hlywud: the house she lives in, is in La Riena which is part of Moca. But I just take pictures of the places i happen to go each trip. I seem to take about 200 photos every trip! I have plenty of MOCA. I have none of downtown Moca or the other side. because we seldom go over there. We take trips , we usually pass through santiago or take the rte one road or the rte 21 road....once we came through Moca and once we made a trip just to go there, to eat....thats it.

bob

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Hlywud: the house she lives in, is in La Riena which is part of Moca. But I just take pictures of the places i happen to go each trip. I seem to take about 200 photos every trip! I have plenty of MOCA. I have none of downtown Moca or the other side. because we seldom go over there. We take trips , we usually pass through santiago or take the rte one road or the rte 21 road....once we came through Moca and once we made a trip just to go there, to eat....thats it.

bob[/QUOTE]

You missed it Bob, he was asking about ur GF, Bob u gonna have to stop posting ur GF's pics, all these guys here can't get enough..... :surprised
BTW : love ur pictures of the landscape, we have a beautiful island.....

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Bob I must say these and the others you've posted are the most beautiful pictures we've on here for a long time. A beach picture is a beach picture but taken from the air makes them spectacular.

BTW which is the little piggie named after you? :laugh:

Sep 19, 2005
your right MAR...good catch.... and here i was thinking of looking up all my photots to see if I could find some of MOCA ha ha ha ha

as far as my gf...she has her picture posted enough I think....I already have to listen to a few complaints about me talking about my gf and showing her photo as it is. They would really go off the deep end If I posted MORE.

I almost replied to hlywud that 70% of the photos i take are of my GF!! ha ha ha ha...thinking he wanted pixs of MOCA!!!

ok one for hlywud....

here is the sexiest pig farmer i ever met! ha ha ha ha( who actually never touches the pigs either!!)

w9bprc.jpg

bob

Sep 19, 2005
Anna it is the first one in this thread, she is looking at th camera. she named her gringa because of my pink head with no hair!! ha ha ha...smart azz girl huh?

bob

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
She's so cute, how can you eat her after looking at that face :surprised I'm talking about the little piggie named gringa of course. :laugh:

laurapasinifan said:
Anna it is the first one in this thread, she is looking at th camera. she named her gringa because of my pink head with no hair!! ha ha ha...smart azz girl huh?

bob

Sep 19, 2005
AnnaC said:
She's so cute, how can you eat her after looking at that face :surprised I'm talking about the little piggie named gringa of course. :laugh:

ANNA gringa is with us for a long long time, she is for breeding only! she actually lost her virginity over easter weekend! can I have a HALLELUYA!!!!!!!!!!!ha ha ha ha....

we actually have to feed her differently than the other little 7 pigs which need to get fat fast for sale next month. Gringa needed to grow slow for breeding purposes.

bob

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Wow Bob it looks like you are having a blast with all this. Man good luck!!! I've got to come out there one day your there to check out the little farm.