Bodybuilding...

boogieman

Mar 30, 2006
just curious, if bodybuilding is popular in DR...
and what the women think of guys who train.

in the U.S, for example, most women like the bodybuilder type... thats generally speaking of course.

on the contrary, in europe, the trend leans more towards the LEAN skinny athletic look.

May 31, 2005
It is a pesonal choice but I like the lean athletic look. Not skinny. Bones are a turn off and body builder bodies are a turn off too.

Sep 19, 2005
I doubt it is as popular as in america these days, but i was amzaed at the amount of guys who were working as security for the clubs in the La Vega carnival. Most of the clubs who had people in costumes had at least 4 or more guys to work to keep people from assaulting the guys in the costumes when they hit someone and they didnt like it. These guys looked like they had been working out at the gyms. You can buy steriods like you can buy brugal in the DR......

bob

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
FYI, the head of the Santiago Sports Union is a guy that runs bodybuilding gyms. There are like, twenty gyms of all kinds around the city. Body building (F?sico Culturismo) is featured on the SportsPages, and is recognized by many as an important activity.

HB :D:D

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
boogieman said:
just curious, if bodybuilding is popular in DR...
and what the women think of guys who train.

in the U.S, for example, most women like the bodybuilder type... thats generally speaking of course.

on the contrary, in europe, the trend leans more towards the LEAN skinny athletic look.

I think that the personality and character of the person is more important for these women. As long as you treat them well and make them laugh. I think. lol

Angel_04

Sep 20, 2004
Potato_Salad said:
I think that the personality and character of the person is more important for these women. As long as you treat them well and make them laugh. I think. lol

I agree with the above...

oh, and personally, if we are talking physicality--I like some "meat" on my man... ;)

but hey, it is about whatever floats your boat! :bunny:

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Angel_04 said:
I agree with the above...

oh, and personally, if we are talking physicality--I like some "meat" on my man... ;)

but hey, it is about whatever floats your boat! :bunny:

I agree with you. I also want a woman with some "meat" on her. I do not like a women who is too skinny. :classic:

I have several male and female friends in Santo Domingo who are in excellent shape. And they tell me that they NEVER work out. Lucky them. I have to work out everyday just to stay in shape. LOL

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Potato_Salad said:
I agree with you. I also want a woman with some "meat" on her. I do not like a women who is too skinny. :classic:

I have several male and female friends in Santo Domingo who are in excellent shape. And they tell me that they NEVER work out. Lucky them. I have to work out everyday just to stay in shape. LOL

what????? with all that eating u do in the DR,???? I've seen the pictures, I think you only go there to eat our delicious food, lol :) and you probably don't gain any weight, is in yours genes, you are the lucky one.
Lots of people in the DR stay in shape because there's more physical activity involved in the everyday living, not so much sitting around and tv watching like in the states.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
M.A.R. said:
what????? with all that eating u do in the DR,???? I've seen the pictures, I think you only go there to eat our delicious food, lol :) and you probably don't gain any weight, is in yours genes, you are the lucky one.
Lots of people in the DR stay in shape because there's more physical activity involved in the everyday living, not so much sitting around and tv watching like in the states.

Hola M.A.R. :classic:

So I guess that explains why many Dominican men and women are in great shape.

When I am in the DR, I eat four meals a day. The food is sooooooooooooo delicious!!! :bunny:

In my next trip this week, I will try and find many more restaurants and post pics.

I walk all over Santo Domingo to burn it off. So if you see a Chino walking around the city, that will be me. LOL

Good night. :)