energy law

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Your link does not work -- looks like it was cut off.

By any chance is this the PL on promoting renewables which has been sitting in Congress for a couple of years?

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
This is the bill originally drafted by INDOTEC when Arq. Doroteo Rodriguez was still there -- he's now in charge of renewables at the National Energy Commission (CNE). Although the bill was drafted under a PRD administration and has received verbal support from the present PLD administration, it hasn't moved much in Congress. A number of international experts from agencies as diverse as GTZ, IMF, IADB, USAID have said something similar to this bill is needed in order to attract major investment in renewable sources...

The Green Team blog was slated to do a short entry on this bill this week, as part of our series on renewables...

hi-tec

Jun 15, 2004
Keith,

I was under the impression that the bill was introduced by the present Executive, I could be wrong.

Thanks for the green link, so much to read but not enough time.

DR!.com does have some interesting things i did not know.

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
After having read the aforementioned articles I am in wonderment as to how serious the DR is in attracting major investment in renewable sources. I am refering to the first sentence of Articulo 14 of PROYECTO DE LEY DE INCENTIVO AL DESARROLLO DE FUENTES RENOVABLES DE ENERGIAS. Correct me if I am wrong.

Rick

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
If my interpretation of that articulo is correct then no more then 10% of all the energy produced in this country can be from renovables de energias. This is the same thing that was published 8 months ago in reference to an article in one of the newspapers concerning wind energy. It was mentioned that the many electrical laws have a built in protection for the fossil fuel producing plants and therefore prohibit the DR from ever converting to a true money and ecology saving system.

The studies have been completed and there are places within this country that wind turbines could be constructed that would produce sufficient electricity. These plants would be very beneficial to the environment and would redirect the DR's dependence on fossil fuels for the 42 generation plants that presently exist. Of those 42 plants there never seems to be more then 40% of them operational at any one time be it to maintenance, lack of fuel or just not wanting to start them up.

With the present laws in effect I find the talk of renovables de energias a mute issue.

Rick

hi-tec

Jun 15, 2004
Rick,

Your conclusion is different from mime. Below is full copy of the article for other posters to express their opinion.

One of the key words is "peaje", which i have a hard time to fully understand the term, the .other key word is the ten percent figure.

Those companies which start producing with 'renewable' will pay half of certain present required charges. that will be valid for all new qualifying companies until all of the 'renewable companies' is producing ten percent of the total capacity in RD.

The required peaje seems to be the charges for accesing, connecting individual new, 'renewable' or not, generating plants to the grid, for the new renewable the cost will be half.

I see it as one more incentive, otherwise the law itself would be a contradiction.

copy of the article below

Art?culo 14.- Peaje de Transmisi?n.

Hasta tanto el nivel de producci?n de energ?a el?ctrica por fuentes renovables no lleguen al 10% de la energ?a el?ctrica total producida en el pa?s, los productores de energ?a el?ctrica por fuentes renovables conectados al SENI tendr?n derecho a recibir como reembolso el 50% de los costos incurridos por concepto de peaje de transmisi?n o cargos por dicha conexi?n al SENI.

Se except?an de este beneficio los casos en que las instalaciones o l?neas de transmisi?n sean realizadas espec?ficamente para servir a plantas de energ?a renovable.

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Hi-tec,
I could have sworn that I had read an article from about 5 to 8 months ago concerning a supposed law here that said something about the limit of the uses of other energy producing electricity plants. I have just researched 4 different electricity laws and 3 newspapers going back one year and can't find what I thought I saw. Therefore, disregard all my ramblings concerning this subject as it is apparent that I don't know what I'm talking about. Sorry everyone.

Rick