cabarete apartment for one week

Status
Not open for further replies.

scsccs34

Apr 24, 2006
Hi, I'm looking for an apartment for me and my parents for one week in cabarete, beginning of may, not expensive.

I live in SD but cannot go there before, and last time I reserved a room in cabarete from SD, it was really bad

any suggestions?

thanks in advance

abe

Jan 2, 2002
Windsurf Resort in Cabarete

Try this--on the eastern end of town. Two bedroom and one-bedroom apartments. Pool, restaurant, bar--large owned by Canadians in a timeshare like scheme, but you won't be pestered by obnoxious salespeople.

Clean, very seasoned staff, very safe.

www.windsurfcabarete.com (I think--or Google it)

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
scsccs34 said:
thanks, do you know how muuch they charge for one week?

There is an email address for the hotel. I would suggest you email them or call.

scsccs34

Apr 24, 2006
I know, just trying to get some first hand experiences,the internet or by email prices are "tourist-prices", may be calling them

I remember when cabarete was a good vibrations place, now it seems to be full of scammers trying to get one more dollar from you, from hotels-apartments to internet cafes,

abe

Jan 2, 2002
Just tell them you are from Winnipeg and you know some owners at the property--those will be magic words.

Moxie

Dec 9, 2005
Windsurf

We were there in March and paid about $365 plus taxes. We did book here through Georgian Manor so prices were in Canadian $'s. Lovely resort, beautiful rooms although not many (at that time) had cooktops in the rooms, just fridge, microwave, coffeemaker. Restaurant on site was pricey and wait staff need to work on their English (some meals were a surprise - what we thought we ordered and what we got weren't always the same thing but it was alway hot and tasty!). Staff at the pool bar are fantastic!

abe

Jan 2, 2002
kitchens at Windsurf

I think the reason Moxie saw minimal kitchens might be that they got only studio apartments. The two bedroom units are "lock-offs" and the studio side is quite minimal as far as kitchens go.

But the one and two bedroom suites have full kitchens.

concepts

Apr 26, 2005
You might e-mail this individual. Alan Kemp at kempsindr@verizon.net.do He is a friend of mine (he is Canadian but I still like him!) and lives here in Santiago. I know he has some condos he rents out in Cabarete and I understand they are quite nice. Give him a shout and tell him that Steve sent you. (He might buy me a beer or something. Probably not. But Alan is a standup guy and I am sure anything he rents out will be nice.)

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.