online booking not recommended

lisadaou

Apr 24, 2006
Here is a copy of an email I have sent to a number of people who are of concern to no avail, I guess they want us to book vacations , take our money but then have no interest in making up for their mistakes...........

On the 19th of January, I booked a dream vacation to Breezes Resort, Puerta Plata in the Dominican Republic for my children and I. We were scheduled to depart on the 27th of February and stay through the 6th of March. In preparation for our holiday, I made painstakingly fastidious plans with my work and my kids changed their schedules. On the 23rd of Feb, I was shocked to find out that my flight was cancelled (overbooked). I was offered an alternative departure date of the 25th or leave in a week or get my money back. I accepted the 25th departure to Breezes. Since my kids had been so looking forward to their upcoming vacation I couldn't just say we are not going any where On the 24th, I was told much to my dismay by Red Tag travel, that this itinerary was not available and I could go to Cuba instead. Being a US citizen, I could not and would not travel to this communist country. At approximately 8PM on the 24th, after much banter back and forth with Red Tag and Air Canada Vacations, each claiming no responsibility of culpability to the customer service miscarriage, I was told we were departing the early the next morning which necessitated a 3am wakeup by my family! The delivery of the initial bogus tickets cost us $30 for the courier fees. On Saturday morning the 25th, we embarked on our journey from Dorval Airport. Upon arrival, a poorly coordinated transfer was sluggishly arranged only after waiting in the hot sun for approximately one hour.
After navigating the bumpy and sometimes unpaved roads we arrived at our "resort". We walked inside, checked into our room. My son went to lie on the bed and much to his dismay he took a fall off the bed and hit his head as the bed was broken with one leg broken. I went to the front office and demanded a change of room. As our vacation progressed, we learned that there were little or no amenities for the kids to enjoy. No waterslide, no skating rink, none of the same water sports, no slides, no flying trapeze, no rock climbing walls, no cd player in the room just to name a few of the deficiencies of this subpar "resort" It was a classic case of bait and switch as this is resort wasn't anywhere near the advertised product that we entered into a travel contract to visit. A much smaller pool than the advertised Breezes resort we initially bargained for.

Air Canada informed me Air Canada Vacations was sent the information concerning the canceled flight Jan 26 2006. All in all Air Canada and Air Canada vacations and Red tag travel are the culprits who misrepresented an inferior product and exhibited extremely poor customer service in the course of our experience with these outfits. I would advise travelers to avoid these organizations for booking any vacations. My family was swindled out of over $4000 for a vacation that was far less enjoyable than the promised resort as advertised in the glitzy online brochure. I demand reparations from Air Canada Vacations and Red Tag Travel for a trip that was worth far less than the exorbitant amount I paid. I expect to be compensated for my week of horror.

well if anone has any coments to add be my guest :) or even an address where I might have some help with my complaints.

Thank you

regards,
Lisa

lisadaou

Apr 24, 2006
Thank you

Thank you so much, if there is anywhere I will be able to seek help it is there. Have a wonderful day Gregg.

Lisa

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
Sorry for your bad experience. I would certainly try to get reimbursement,like you are because to me it seemed as if they knew from the beginning that there was no space at the resort you wanted to go to.(Talk about rip off)

We have always booked on line and only once our resort was overbooked and they placed us somewhere nice until a room became available. It was only a two day wait and the place wasn't that bad.

Where did they send you instead ?

Sep 19, 2005
man the money that some people are paying!
two sets of friends went to Punta cana this past week one couple went to a non AI resort... and they paid 7K!!!!!!!! for a week. I think the other couple went o the Paradesious...which they said is an excellent place, as they have been there before... they went with 3 kids and i think they paid even more than the first couple.... which seems like a huge rip off......especially since the meals are extra!( the first couples resort)

I have been to a bunch and It seems like I am only paying about $100 per person to stay , and i am walking in with no reservation!( and only stay one or two nights... and usually you get the rooms cheaper if you book a flight at the same time.

bob

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
laurapasinifan said:
man the money that some people are paying!
two sets of friends went to Punta cana this past week one couple went to a non AI resort... and they paid 7K!!!!!!!! for a week. I think the other couple went o the Paradesious...which they said is an excellent place, as they have been there before... they went with 3 kids and i think they paid even more than the first couple.... which seems like a huge rip off......especially since the meals are extra!( the first couples resort)

I have been to a bunch and It seems like I am only paying about $100 per person to stay , and i am walking in with no reservation!( and only stay one or two nights... and usually you get the rooms cheaper if you book a flight at the same time.

bob

But did they have a good vacation? Many people are willing to pay more for what they consider to be a memorable vacation...

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
It is not Red Tag's fault what happened to your vacation. It is Air Canada Vacations, for making a schedule change, and if you read their terms and conditions, it is in the terms of the sale. Tour operators do this all the time. I am sorry that this happend to you, but honestly it is at no fault of Red Tag Vacations. They have no control over what Air Canada Vacations does.