Best place for first time visitor

tcsrentals

Jul 22, 2005
I will be visiting the DR for 4 days in June (on business), and need advise as to where to stay. I am bringing my wife and it is imperative that she sees the best area first. Her first impession is critical to further visits. I have been to Santa Domingo, hotel sol melia on a flying visit and although the hotel was ok the immediate area was definatly not the place to take her. We are US citizens from a middle class area, I am mid 50's my wife is mid 40s. We are looking for somewhere possibly to retire to in 5 years. Your help would be appreciated.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
tcsrentals said:
I will be visiting the DR for 4 days in June (on business), and need advise as to where to stay. I am bringing my wife and it is imperative that she sees the best area first. Her first impession is critical to further visits. I have been to Santa Domingo, hotel sol melia on a flying visit and although the hotel was ok the immediate area was definatly not the place to take her. We are US citizens from a middle class area, I am mid 50's my wife is mid 40s. We are looking for somewhere possibly to retire to in 5 years. Your help would be appreciated.
Are you asking where to stay in Santo Domingo, or where to stay that would be a place for possible future retirement?

JRSYCOLL

Mar 10, 2003
If ya like all inclusive

The 1st 2 times we visited Puerto Plata etc..we stayed at the Iberostar Costa Dorada and really loved it. Service is top notch..good food..top shelf liquor..and it's all inclusive.

We have learned to really appreciate the country and it's people. We now try to get out n about to meet people..see new places..learn the culture. BUT, if we hadn't 1st stayed at the Iberostar..I don't know if I would've returned again. We are on our 5th year.and would LOVE to be able to purchase property for our retirement.

Hope I helped...

tcsrentals

Jul 22, 2005
HOWMAR said:
Are you asking where to stay in Santo Domingo, or where to stay that would be a place for possible future retirement?
I am looking for the best place in the whole DR for a first time visitor that may entice (my wife) to want to visit again.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
tcsrentals said:
I am looking for the best place in the whole DR for a first time visitor that may entice (my wife) to want to visit again.
For upscale touristy I would recommend La Romana/Casa de Campo. For lay back retirement life in Paradise on a middle class budget, I would recommend the North Coast, Sosua/Cabarete.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
tcsrentals said:
If money is not an issue, then Casa de Campo would give her the best first impression.