rockys bar ...not impressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

blondytomato

Oct 19, 2005
Okay so currently in Sosua for 3 months and decided to head to Rockys the other night because i had heard so much good stuff from you guys about the place. Okay the food was nice ..... when it finally arrived. An hour and a half i had to wait for fried chicken and chips and burger and chips for my boyfriend now that is not good service in my book.First the lady took our order my boyfriend had to be in work in an hours time we waited like 40 mins after that time i went up and questioned were was the food ,ok so 10 mins later it arrived 2 X burger and chips hey its not what i had ordered but thought hey its ok .Once the waitress left the table and realised i had not ordered burger and chips she promptly removed it from in front of me and told me i didnt order that and must wait for my meal....ok.So my boyfriend now had to go to work another 30 mins i waited for my chicken and chips and was left sitting in the restaurant alone . Dont think ill be going back there in a hurry my advice go to the Brittannia bar much nicer and you are never kept waiting.

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
A mix up with orders can happen in any restaurant from time to time, no?

I wouldn't black list a place based on one mix up - like you said, the food was nice.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Ay Dios!

Man, one bad review after thousands of good ones.

Sorry Rocky, without her business, I guess that you will need to close the joint and apply for food assistance.

But, before you get to the "food assistance" line, do you mind bringing me an order or your famous ribs?!!!. LOL.

Calm down darling, you boyfriend is Dominican so he must know that it can happen anywhere.

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
A long wait is traditional at Rocky's. It is not fast food but slow food. And good food. And sit and drink a few beers and relax while you wait food.

And well worth waiting for food!

So sorry your expectations were not met. But I hope now you realize what the place offers.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Just a suggestion. Next time when your boyfriend is running tight on time because the Animation Teams evening show is starting soon, call ahead to Rocky's at 809-571-2951 to get the order started.

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
HOWMAR said:
Just a suggestion. Next time when your boyfriend is running tight on time because the Animation Teams evening show is starting soon, call ahead to Rocky's at 809-571-2951 to get the order started.

I once grew a beard while waiting for my ribs.

Rocky's is a place you go to when you are not in a hurry and you want to chill out and soak up the atmosphere for a few hours.

What's the rush?

Scandall

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Anyone in a rush in this country needs to find another place to live or visit. The only people in a hurry here are the drivers and moto conchos.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
HOWMAR said:
Just a suggestion. Next time when your boyfriend is running tight on time because the Animation Teams evening show is starting soon
hahahaha, you're cold.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
We have only had breakfast there (multiple times). The service was sslloooooooww, but the coffe hot, food good, priced right and traffic of people was fun. So we will be back

Bob K

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Last time I was at Rocky's I got a PB&J sandwich and a glass of water in under 15 min. I used the drive thru window.

Chuckuindy

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
Last time I was there for breakfast it was served in less then 20 minutes.

However I was sitting with Marco...hmmm

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I've been to Rockys several times, and don't really recall a long wait at all. The ambiance is always so nice, and they have really great staff to keep you company. No complaints here.

BTW,
The ribs are absolutely fabulous.

ETA:
Why is it that whenever I hear bad reviews about Rocky's, I think it must be a sock puppet? Am I just too suspicious? :paranoid:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
trina said:
Why is it that whenever I hear bad reviews about Rocky's, I think it must be a sock puppet? Am I just too suspicious? :paranoid:

Yes, very paranoid.

This is the reason I always tell clients not to worry about negative reviews.
If they do provide a great product or service, then the client base will come out and support them and tell it like it is.

If they get a negative review and nobody defends them, then the chances are they have a problem.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
To the OP

I could understand you being upset at the service and not wanting to go back but if you dont go back, you will be cheating yourself.

Rockys is not known for it's service but what it is known for it's it's friendly, relaxed atmosphere. There is not a better place in Sosua to meet expats and the vast majority of people that go in there are genuine people.

The food is also very good and reasonably priced. You might have to wait longer than you want for your order and occasionally it might come out wrong but in my opinion all of the positive things about Rockys make up for that.

If you are going to be in Sosua for a while I recommend going to Rockys for breakfast and staying on to have an extra cup of coffee and soak in the atmosphere. If you have a laptop, you can surf the net as Rockys has WIFI. You can also go by in the evening for a beer as there is usually a decent crowd of people who can give you invaluable advice about living in Sosua. Nobody in there has any adgenda and if they do, they are quickly weeded out.

I have been returning to Rockys for years now. There must be a reason for it :)

I can't wait for the July 4th party.

Larry

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
blondytomato said:
Once the waitress left the table and realised i had not ordered burger and chips she promptly removed it from in front of me and told me i didnt order that and must wait for my meal....ok.So my boyfriend now had to go to work another 30 mins i waited for my chicken and chips and was left sitting in the restaurant alone.
That is pretty bad customer service.
First of all she should have apologized.
Then she should have asked if you still wanted the chicken and offered you your burger on the house.
A nice display of customer service would likely alleviate the waiting pains and keep a happy customer.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Malibook said:
That is pretty bad customer service.
First of all she should have apologized.
Then she should have asked if you still wanted the chicken and offered you your burger on the house.
A nice display of customer service would likely alleviate the waiting pains and keep a happy customer.
In the DR...

even at Rocky's...

jejeje - good one.

Gregg

P.S. - I know you were serious; but come on now.

Angel_04

Sep 20, 2004
I've been to Rocky's a few times... food is good, atmosphere lovely and you sometimes even get to chat with ol Rocky himself--who by the way is a wealth of knowledge! Super nice guy.

I do understand the op's gripe about going to an establishment and not being satisfied with the service...been there, done that...bur hey, that does happen often in the DR... this isn't North America that we're talking about... the pace of things is much more relaxed... etc.

I do not think that coming onto a public forum and bashing Rocky's was the way to deal with this.. personally, I think you should have contacted Rocky himself, who, more than likely, would have dealt with it privately and taken care of it somehow... and if not, THEN you resort to the public forum. :paranoid:

Status
Not open for further replies.