Atlanta-Puerto Plata Delta

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Interesting. Is there a large Dominican crowd in Atlanta?

I know this must be more for toursits but I've always wanted to ask that.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Delta's going through some things, as we all know. However, the pilot issue is about to be resolved, and they will get back to business. They are aggressively going after the Caribbean, Central & South American tourist markets this year, generally in cahoots with the all-inclusives, as they did in Punta Cana. The ATL-POP route has already been delayed 2x times in 2006, but it is definitely in the works.

There is a significant Dominican population in ATL. Nowhere to the numbers of NYC or Miami, but significant. Delta's targets are mostly on tourists' dollars, not Dominicans in ATL. Again, explains the ATL-PUJ route.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
toneloc24 said:
Delta's going through some things, as we all know. However, the pilot issue is about to be resolved, and they will get back to business. They are aggressively going after the Caribbean, Central & South American tourist markets this year, generally in cahoots with the all-inclusives, as they did in Punta Cana. The ATL-POP route has already been delayed 2x times in 2006, but it is definitely in the works.

There is a significant Dominican population in ATL. Nowhere to the numbers of NYC or Miami, but significant. Delta's targets are mostly on tourists' dollars, not Dominicans in ATL. Again, explains the ATL-PUJ route.

Nice. Thanks for the explanation.

The more Delta in the DR the better. I love Delta and GOOD GOES AROUND!!!