Student get Credit Cards

aerobaticman

Nov 10, 2004
http://www.dr1.com/#1

I am going to assume that the students will be having to pay off the creditcards given to them by the wonderful government. If this is indeed the case, doesn't anyone find this just horrible?

If they can charge up to RD$10K per month, I wonder how in the world they will ever expect a student after 4 years of school to pay back the loans? Can you imagine the interest at 20% APR compounded monthly?

I can just see students seeing the fast easy cash being flashed in their face only to learn in 5 years the horror of this choice....

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Don't assume. These are stipends to selected students. More accurate than calling them credit cards would be to label them as debit cards for money already advanced. The real question is where can the students spend it. The article says in only certain stores. Stores owned by who???

DunHill

Aug 29, 2003
www.dunhill.ws
and ....

in 4 years a new goverment is ruling, and they get blamed, if people cannot pay for the issued credit/debit cards.

So, this goverment get the attention and frontpage news for doing something "special", but when the problems comes, they are already gone for a long time.