Hotspots in Cabarete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

partytilsunrise

Apr 26, 2006
Hi All,

These forums are awesome!

A few buddies and I are going to be visiting Cabarete during the last weekend in June. We are thinking about staying at the Wyndham Tangerine. We are all in our mid to late 20's and want to have a great time while on vacation. Are there any hotels that we are missing out on where there is a cool pool and close to the beach? What hotel has the best suites? Where are the best places to party at night? Is any one going to be down there that same weekend? First round of shots at the bar is on me :)

Denmay565

Dec 6, 2005
Wyndham Tangerine

The Wyndham Tangerine has a very nice pool and is right on the beach but I believe caters more toward couples and families than twenty something singles looking to party; although it has a "disco" on site. It is within walking distance to downtown Cabarete. Others would be in a better position to give you recs on best places to party.

sunny2

Apr 7, 2006
If you are looking for a party time you may want to look into Sousa instead. The Casa Marina is right on the beach and within walking distance to all the discos and clubs in Sousa.

partytilsunrise

Apr 26, 2006
Cabarete or Sosua? Where are the better parties?

Is Sosua a better party town than Cabarete? Where do most twenty somethings go in Sosua...I thought Cabarete was where all the fun is!

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
I think Cabarete will suit you down to the ground. The beach is lined with bars and the partying goes on through the night :classic:

You have the best of both worlds staying in Cabarete as Sosua is only 15 mins away so if you wanted a change of scenery for a night it's within easy reach.

Where are you coming from? I may be around that weekend.....and might just take you up on that offer ;)

Enjoy!

Daydream

benna

Jan 30, 2006
There are also lots of fun bars to party at in Cabarete. I mean, they are off the resorts, but part of the vacation is getting off the resort to see the towns!

Lax and Ohnos are places that I like to go to once in awhile with friends. Both are right on the beach and have beautiful atmospheres, tasty drinks and great people.

partytilsunrise

Apr 26, 2006
Thanks for all the helpful advice and tips!

Any more info about cool places to go out in Cabarete or Sosua is greatly appreciated.

I made reservations at Viva Tangerine and I can't wait get to DR. Me and my boys are from NY, FL, and Cali...I'll be at the bars in Cabarete on the 22nd with a straw hat on...Holla at me and we can get down til the sun comes up :)

abe

Jan 2, 2002
Okay party guys! Do yourselves a favor and take at least a day to go out and see some of the beautiful countryside. Cabarete is fun, fun, fun, and you will fall in love with it. Guaranteed. So you owe it to yourselves to venture out a bit and see the interior, Playa Grande, the sweet little fruit plantation en route to Playa Grande, etc. Don't shortchange yourselves by sticking to the nightlife only. Plus, when you meet some women, your stock will go way up if you can organize a day trip for them instead of just dance and drink and........ Enjoy!

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Lax, Jose Oshea's, Ono's and Bambu are all fun, the last 2 get wild and FUN late night (starting around 12). Across the street and down about 100 feet from the street entrance to Bambu/Onos is the Rockstar Bar... a little street-side shack where lots of people in there 20's hang out, hook up, and drink cheap presidente'sThe Viva is definitely more laid back, but a really nice place and you can fill up on the included food and booze before heading out. You should also check out the Extreme Hotel/Kite Beach Hotel/Aqualina Hotels during the day... there may me a HUGE Kitesurf/Windsurf event that weekend...and if there is there will be TONS of hot "surfer chicks" to party with... I have a place in cabarete... if Im in town while you're there, I'll look for your hat!

Also... you guys have to spend at least one night in Sosua... you'll never forget it!!!!!!

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
You may want to try Hotel Koabo. It's right in Cabarete. The rooms are great, has a great pool and its cheap. Your 2-3 min walk to the clubs and beach. We've stayed there 10-20 times. It's one of the best gept secrets in town.

nickijay

Jul 14, 2006
Ive just got back from sosua and am still feeling very tired!! We went to club X a fair bit and there was almost always a bus of people there from cabarette. Catch it on a busy night and its great. If you want a few drinks before the club the voodoo lounge is great. Enjoy!

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
well sosua is full of bars, clubs and eating places. x club, clasico disco, life bar, merengue bar are popular places, open till 5 a.m and most women there are under 25 !! additionally, there is Rocky's, Brit Bar, Shark bar, etc. it would take me hours to explain all the fun in sosua. i been to sosua 6 times in the last year and briefly visited POP or cabarete.

Status
Not open for further replies.