Los Tres Ojos National Park - Transpo from Boca Chica?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I will be in Boca Chica on 5/11. I want to spend a day visiting Los Tres Ojos National Park and Santo Domingo. I have searched the net for a tour company that would provide this day trip with no success.

Can I get a guagua from Boca Chica to Los Tres Ojos and then get a guagua from Los Tres Ojos to Santo Domingo?

If not, would it be wise to hire a driver for 8 hours? If so what should I expect to pay for a driver from 10am to 6pm?

andyt

May 28, 2003
Which Hotel are you staying at? They all will be happy to put you in touch with the local tour company.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
andyt said:
Which Hotel are you staying at? They all will be happy to put you in touch with the local tour company.

I will be staying at El Caucho. Would you happen to know the website for a tour company in that area?

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
If you can afford it I would suggest hiring your own driver. This is just a personal preference because then you aren't having to try to please a group.
If you really like a place you can stay for as long as you want without feeling pressured because others want to go on or you can leave quickly if the place doesn't hold your interest. You might be able to take gua guas but you have more mobility with a car and driver to get to places quickly and easily and if you are lucky the driver with be able to suggest places to see that you might not have thought of yourself.

andyt

May 28, 2003
Contact El Coucho, I am sure they have have taxi's and tour companies they work with. This way if there is a problem you can go back to el Coucho hotel and complain. The staff at El Coucho is going to have more options in resolving an issue then you and I would

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
What kind of issues do you expect? If he books through an agent or third party, you can be sure his price will reflect the "commission" that will be paid to that third party.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Tamborista said:
What kind of issues do you expect? If he books through an agent or third party, you can be sure his price will reflect the "commission" that will be paid to that third party.

Exactly what I was thinking. MY question has been answered in another thread. This seems like a sure bet for me.

http://www.taxirs.homestead.com/Daytrips.html

Thanks for the tip Tamborista.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Then again, you can take a public bus or guagua from the highway that'll drop you off right in front of Los Tres Ojos because that's the route almost all of them take. Then from there you can either take a taxi or another bus that'll take you into downtown Santo Domingo. All depends on how adventurous you are...