Footy Emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazydaisy

May 23, 2005
Ok guys need your help. Champions League final is 17th May Arsenal Vs Barca.

Where can i watch above match - really dont want to miss it. Prepared to travel to Sousa if not being shown in Puerto Plata.

Help !!!!

C

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
crazydaisy said:
Ok guys need your help. Champions League final is 17th May Arsenal Vs Barca.

Where can i watch above match - really dont want to miss it. Prepared to travel to Sousa if not being shown in Puerto Plata.

Help !!!!

C
Where are you staying? Many of the resorts which say Puerto Plata are in fact in Sosua or Cabarete. We can give more specific info if we know your resort.

Gregg

crazydaisy

May 23, 2005
Where

I will hopefully being staying in my new apartment in Puerto Plata City - but i dont mind driving to either Sousa or even Cabarete - come to think of it i will be in Cabarete on the 17th. My birthday on 18th May which i will be spending in Cabarete.

So new question lol

Anywhere in Cabarete that will be showing the Champions League Cup Final.

Sorry for confusion.

C

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Forget all of that. If you want to see the GAME, go over to Eddy's Sports Bar on Ayuntamiento Street in Sos?a. Everyone knows where it is...He will have that for sure.

(Besides that, I am sure that it will be on Fox international or maybe ESPN..)

But the atmosphere at Eddy's is the best...8 big screen TVs, good sound and great beer!

HB :p:p

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hillbilly is as usual correct - Eddy's is the best choice, especially if you are mobile.

There may be a sports bar in the Playa Dorada Plaza which may be showing it also, but Eddy's is the safest bet, since I now know you are mobile.

Gregg

crazydaisy

May 23, 2005
Thanks to you both for that. With me moving over in June and it being the world cup god knows how i will cope !!!!!

Another quick question - as i white single British female how likely am i to get harrassed in Eddy's bar? I just cant be doing with it when im trying to watch footy. lol I can handle it - it doesnt bother me i just tell them where to get off but it would be good to be prepared.

C

FireGuy said:
Hillbilly is as usual correct - Eddy's is the best choice, especially if you are mobile.

There may be a sports bar in the Playa Dorada Plaza which may be showing it also, but Eddy's is the safest bet, since I now know you are mobile.

Gregg

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
crazydaisy said:
Another quick question - as i white single British female how likely am i to get harrassed in Eddy's bar? I just cant be doing with it when im trying to watch footy. lol I can handle it - it doesnt bother me i just tell them where to get off but it would be good to be prepared.

C

Not sure who you'll be harrassed by but with Eddy's angels around no one will even notice you are there ;)

It's a bar with mostly expats not an AI full of sankies. :laugh:

Last edited:

crazydaisy

May 23, 2005
OH my god ive just looked at that and it sounds like im blowing my own trumpet !!!! I didnt mean im gods gift im not but didnt what a load of sanky pankies -p*ssing me off and interfrering with my footy xx

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Hey Crazydaisy

Me and the Mrs will be there then! We stay in Playa Dorada - and whilst im sure it will be shown in the Plaza the atmosphere in Eddies is great! We will both be going to Eddies to watch it.

Dan & Jenni

crazydaisy

May 23, 2005
Nice one !!!! Shall all 3 of us wear pink carnations to identify ourselves to each LOL

Should be a good evening as long the result is right!

C
wishingiwasthere said:
Hey Crazydaisy

Me and the Mrs will be there then! We stay in Playa Dorada - and whilst im sure it will be shown in the Plaza the atmosphere in Eddies is great! We will both be going to Eddies to watch it.

Dan & Jenni

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
crazydaisy said:
Should be a good evening as long the result is right!
C
Let's hope the Gunners play better than they did the last game. Luckily the keeper was hot.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Not to worry> The place will be filled with white, mostly male football fans.

And the Angels are so hot that nobody will bother you..unless you go topless...

HB :D:D

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Just thinking - last time i was in Eddies was for the superbowl - a guy from the USA - or more specifically Ipswich in the US was amazed that we were both from the same town ie Ipswich UK and Ipswich USA. Im mean he was really freaked by this!

Lets hope there are some "good" english foot ball fans for this one!

Crazyd - ill be the one thats wearing a mac, dark glass' and have a copy of the times open. Please introduce yourself by saying "crows fly south in winter"

crazydaisy

May 23, 2005
Roger wilco !!!!! To code for secret sqirrell meeting !!!!

Ipswich eh not far from me then. Yes should be a goodnight.

So how about it web boy you fancy a bit of footy with some fellow Brits.

As for you Howmar - just what have you hear about me and how did you hear !!!! Reputations you just cant shake em lol.

C

wishingiwasthere said:
Just thinking - last time i was in Eddies was for the superbowl - a guy from the USA - or more specifically Ipswich in the US was amazed that we were both from the same town ie Ipswich UK and Ipswich USA. Im mean he was really freaked by this!

Lets hope there are some "good" english foot ball fans for this one!

Crazyd - ill be the one thats wearing a mac, dark glass' and have a copy of the times open. Please introduce yourself by saying "crows fly south in winter"

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
I believe your from Cambridge????

Ah - Belariea and Twenty Twos! What a town!

Not sure if everyone else will understand our British sense of humour on the code!

HOWMAR - Ive met him - seems a nice and considered kinda guy!

Look forward to meeting you for a beer!

COME ON ROBERT - COME FOR A DRINK WITH US!

benna

Jan 30, 2006
hey wishingiwasthere!

I watched the superbowl at Eddys with you and your girlfriend! Good to see you around the boards. And when are ya coming back!!??:squareeye

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Arsenal rule. (I read that in a book once.) Ipswich is in Massachusetts. The six Northeast US states are called New England and many towns are named after English towns. I grew up in Milton, Massachusetts.

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Arsenal used to rule! Not as much now as they used to!
A friend plays in the premier league here in the UK - these football players get paid far far too much. ?97k a WEEK. The guy takes a helicopter from one end of the the uk to the other for a HAIRCUT. Seriously - thats too much to earn to kick a ball about a field.

SO - back to topic - Whos coming to Eddies?

Web Boy - you havnt got back to us - i know your probably settled into dominican life but you can have a beer with a few brits cant you????

Dan

crazydaisy

May 23, 2005
Sense of Humour

Yes i am from near to Cambridge a little village actually. Dont go to Cambridge much full of cyclist and students !!!!

Only been to Ispwich once - to a club called Kartombs i think ?

Anyway looking forward to meeting you all properly on the 17th.

No doubt it will have to be a regular thing as the world cup is not to be missed.

C

wishingiwasthere said:
I believe your from Cambridge????

Ah - Belariea and Twenty Twos! What a town!

Not sure if everyone else will understand our British sense of humour on the code!

HOWMAR - Ive met him - seems a nice and considered kinda guy!

Look forward to meeting you for a beer!

COME ON ROBERT - COME FOR A DRINK WITH US!

Status
Not open for further replies.