Any off resort activity suggestions???

beam2121

Apr 27, 2006
My wife and I are heading to Punta Cana to the Barcelo Bavaro Palace May 6th-13th and just wondering if there is any activities worth venturing off the resort. We are both still in our 20's and love nightlife, any suggestions for partying outside the resort around Punta Cana? Anybody else going to be there the same time??? I'm ready to be in heaven pounding some el presidentes and pina colodas!!!! thanks beam

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
If you like horseback riding, I hear there's a pretty good place around... :glasses: PM me if you're interested.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
There are various nightclubs (discos) in the area. There is a multitude of off resort tours and activities. There is even a ten pin bowling alley in the zone.

Regards,
PJT

freekofweek

Feb 22, 2005
Do notgo horseback riding in Barcelo Resort !!!

I have been to Barcelo Resort 8 times during the last 3 years and I always hear horror stories from the other guests about the on-site horseback riding
package. My wife finally begged me to take her on trip #3 and the horror stories were true. The horses are unlike the "tame" hores in the USA. The Dominican horses are semi-wild and they run at full pace much of the trail. Many guests who are not experienced riders actually fall off and most suffer broken/cracked ribs, arms, wrists, etc. Of couse the Barcelo has a policy that you ride at your own risk !!! Medical expenses are very expensive in the Dom.Rep. so you better have a high limit Visa/Mastercard. My advise is when you get there, ask other quests if they have experienced the "ride of your life". The Barcelo staff are very aggressive in their sales approach during your first several days to push this "package". I was just there in March 2006 and the horses were the same becasue several families were very upset because their young teenage children were thrown from the horses. The Barcelo staff speak 99% spanish so there is not alot of complainning that you can do and trust me there is no REFUNDS !!

Sep 19, 2005
hey its ugly!.......................................its disrespecting the guy who designed it......not who lives there ha ha ha

....even my gf who really wanted to go see it because she heard so much about it...says its ugly.

there ya go same sex, same nationality.....shes on your side!! ha ha ha( ps she thins I am a nice guy)

bob

Kiki

Jan 7, 2006
I've been to Punta Cana a few times and i recommend going to:
1. Mangu - inside Grand Flamenco
2. News - inside Bavaro Princess
3. Pacha - inside the RIU Hotels

There are other bars such as Hurricane Cafe, Chotis, Highwaves, Soles etc.. that are good to check out.

I'm goin in June again to Bavaro Princess ...

Hope this helps.

Happy Travels:)

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
freekofweek said:
I have been to Barcelo Resort 8 times during the last 3 years and I always hear horror stories from the other guests about the on-site horseback riding
package. My wife finally begged me to take her on trip #3 and the horror stories were true. The horses are unlike the "tame" hores in the USA. The Dominican horses are semi-wild and they run at full pace much of the trail. Many guests who are not experienced riders actually fall off and most suffer broken/cracked ribs, arms, wrists, etc. Of couse the Barcelo has a policy that you ride at your own risk !!! Medical expenses are very expensive in the Dom.Rep. so you better have a high limit Visa/Mastercard. My advise is when you get there, ask other quests if they have experienced the "ride of your life". The Barcelo staff are very aggressive in their sales approach during your first several days to push this "package". I was just there in March 2006 and the horses were the same becasue several families were very upset because their young teenage children were thrown from the horses. The Barcelo staff speak 99% spanish so there is not alot of complainning that you can do and trust me there is no REFUNDS !!

Just in case... The place I was thinking of isn't in Barcelo... :glasses:

Eileensesy

Aug 4, 2004
How far ?

How far arethe Huricane Cafe and the others that were listed above from the LTI Resort (Cayenna Beach) ? eileen