wanting to volunteer

peislander

Apr 28, 2006
I travelled to Puerto Plata in March with my daughter--had a wonderful time--met lots of people but did not experience much outside of the resort except for a jeep tour. I regret not being more adventuresome at the time. Now, I want to go back to volunteer--I can only go for 1 week in August with a charter package with a resort so I would be available to volunteer during the days for the week I am there. I am also interested in doing something from Canada throughout the year whether it be fundraising, awareness, anything. I know it is not much time to give but right now that is all I have and it is something I really want to do. I am a mother of 4 and would really like to do something with the schools/school program. Can anyone lead me in the right direction? Thanks

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You might want to contact "La Profe 1" in a PM or do a search for posts by LaProfe1 and send her a note.
She works with the "Mustard Seed Project" that works with severely handicaped children.

Then there is Integraci?n Juven?l, another project in POP. You can contact BushBaby for information on that one.

HB:D:D

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
While giving up your vacation and wanting to volunteer for a week is very admirable, I doubt if any of the local charities are set up to handle that. It seems they would probably spend the better part of the week getting you acclimated.

However, you can start here with your search. I believe this organization is Canadian based.