My thoughts...

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
We have had one girl asking about a Julio from Secrets and two days later someone asking for a Junior from Secrets - same guy???
Also, the second person lied about her location, same person???

Anna has enough on her plate without people deliberately trying to mess up this forum.

To all of you girls out there wanting to know about people you have met, follow the rules, read the "stickys" which are the posts listed at the top of the thread listings. Use your common sense, research, and if you still can't figure out if your guy is a sankie, at least use some creativity when asking!!!LOL
I have never seen so many locked threads in this forum in one time!

We are all here to help and save if needed, but you have to do your part as
well.

There, I feel better !!! LOL

Marlie

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I should explain the reason I lock them.

You all have to admit there are some very colorful characters in this world and sankie 101 seems to attract the MOST colorful characters of all.

Some seem to be very disturbed characters and I along with DR1 don't want to be responsible for one of these disturbed people to take what is sometimes said in fun or even in an effort to help to be taken as 100% truth.

I cannot control what is true and what isn't so I'd rather it be handled in private messages if someone out there does know the person in question and have them sort out the details out of a public forum.

There's a lot of agendas out there and I won't be party to it. It's not always as simple as it looks.

Thanks Marlie for bringing it up. It's given me a chance to explain. We have so much info that one should be able to figure it out without posting a name on the internet.

AJMS

Apr 25, 2006
Marlie:

No it's not the same person and Anna C apologized to the UK/Canada person for the confusion. Maybe you shouldn't jump to conclusions so quickly. I did ask about one of the guys and to be honest it was more out curiousity than anything else. It seems like a lot of the people on this forum either live in DR or know people in DR and I was just curious about the guy. Is that sooooo wrong? I don't wear rose colored glasses and even if he is a Sankie, it didn't happen to me. Had my fun and came home - no strings attached. Just curious!!! Sorry for bothering you so much.

A

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
AJMS said:
Marlie:

No it's not the same person and Anna C apologized to the UK/Canada person for the confusion.

I did no such thing. We went a few rounds of PM's to get that final story I posted. ;)

And BTW no one that lives 24/7 in the DR is going to risk their necks by telling you that someone is a sankie if they do know about it.

AJMS

Apr 25, 2006
Ok, sorry, you didn't apologize but you did explain the confusion. Right? My point was that it wasn't a BS posting as you origanilly thought. Did I miss something there or is that what you said?

Sorry, I just saw the bottom part.

Like I said earlier I didn't care if he was or wasn't a sankie. He showed me a good time, never asked for cash and we said good-bye. I was just curious about him. That's all. Haven't you people ever been curious about someone?

coldhandswarmheart

Apr 27, 2006
AJMS

I guess getting the information straighten out doesn't constitute as an appology. At least you and I know we are two different people and what ever people decide to post is up to them. I don't know about you but I think using these posts to try and get information is a waste of time.

Marie

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
No need to get upset....

and you are not bothering us. It is just that lately we have had a lot more "Do you know..." questions, and it seemed a little bit suspect.

I am glad to hear that you are two different people, by chance were you both at the same Secrets resort - maybe each of you will have info for the other.

I just stated that you should read the stickys as they include the rules of what you are allowed to post, if you do it right the first time, the chances of your thread getting locked are not so likely.

No need to get upset with us, no need to leave the forums because:
but I think using these posts to try and get information is a waste of time.

We have a wealth of info here on DR1, and maybe no one is going to tell you about your certain guy, but if you read enough, you may find similar qualities in others that might enlighten you !

BTW - the members that do live in the DR 24/7 are not likely to hang out with resort workers. I know I sure didn't.

Marlie

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
AnnaC said:
And BTW no one that lives 24/7 in the DR is going to risk their necks by telling you that someone is a sankie if they do know about it.

You got that right!!! Some of these guys can be downright evil if they think you're messing with one of their 'marks'!

As for associating with resort workers.....some of us do for a variety or reasons. We may work in resorts, live in strictly resort areas etc.....;):bored:

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
As for associating with resort workers.....some of us do for a variety or reasons. We may work in resorts, live in strictly resort areas etc.....

MommC - actually when I read your post I just realized that yes, I guess I actually did associate with resort workers since I worked at both POP Village and Playa Naco !! Although, once my shift ended, I did not spend time with them, and could not tell you about their lives, unless I ran into someone at the disco etc ( and then they were usually to busy sankifying the tourists to spend time with a coworker!!!) LOL

Marlie

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
marliejaneca said:
MommC - actually when I read your post I just realized that yes, I guess I actually did associate with resort workers since I worked at both POP Village and Playa Naco !! Although, once my shift ended, I did not spend time with them, and could not tell you about their lives, unless I ran into someone at the disco etc ( and then they were usually to busy sankifying the tourists to spend time with a coworker!!!) LOL

Marlie

Marlie

Were you working as a rep in those hotels or were you also part of the entertainment staff?

Daydream

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
daydream said:
Marlie

Were you working as a rep in those hotels or were you also part of the entertainment staff?

Daydream

At POP Village I was the hostess at the Buffet Restaurant as well as I did Orientation sessions for the arriving guests, and had to mix and mingle with the guests during the weekly Managers party.

At Playa Naco I worked in guest services and once a week travelled to the airport to greet the Luftansa (sp?) flight crew. I would check them in and assign their rooms as well as feed them drinks and fruit plates on the bus back to the hotel.

I was a travel agent at the time I moved to the DR, but there were no rep jobs available at the time, and was fortunate to land the job at POP Village the second day I was there!

Marlie

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
marliejaneca said:
At POP Village I was the hostess at the Buffet Restaurant as well as I did Orientation sessions for the arriving guests, and had to mix and mingle with the guests during the weekly Managers party.

At Playa Naco I worked in guest services and once a week travelled to the airport to greet the Luftansa (sp?) flight crew. I would check them in and assign their rooms as well as feed them drinks and fruit plates on the bus back to the hotel.

I was a travel agent at the time I moved to the DR, but there were no rep jobs available at the time, and was fortunate to land the job at POP Village the second day I was there!

Marlie

I was wondering as I know that it is very rare to see a non-dominican working in entertainment....I take it you ar bi/tri-lingual?

I wonder whether you would know - when they close a hotel for refurbishment - do they pay the staff anything whilst the hotel is closed? Or do they just agree to keep their roles open for when the hotel re-opens? Surely if they didn't pay them something then they would run the risk of losing staff during the shut down period? Then again there is no shortage of staff so they could probably get away with doing nada and have them queuing at the gate for a job once the work's complete :rolleyes:

Kind of off topic...apologies

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Daydream,
Actually, had very little spanish (travellers spanish they call it!!) when I arrived and only high school/college French which was so rusty, even the Dominican staff keep speak it better!!
But, that was many many years ago - 13 to be exact. Nowadays, you must have multi-languages for any job in a resort, as was told to me by my ex-boss. The dominican staff had to take courses in French, German and even Russian to stay employed, and now for a gringa/gringo to obtain a job at the resorts in POP, they require you to know many languages.
I was just in the right place at the right time, luckily for me!

As for your other question regarding hotel closure/payroll issues, I do not have a clue. Hopefully, someone will be able to answer that for you, or maybe even post it in the legal section and Fabio might be able to help.

Marlie

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
Thanks Marlie - yes it does seem like you were in the right place at the right time :classic:

As for my other questions.....not so important - just something I was wondering since I heard that the Jack Tar is closing for a refurb soon. I won't bother Fabio - I am sure he has more important fish to fry ;)

Thanks again
Daydream

marliejaneca said:
Daydream,
Actually, had very little spanish (travellers spanish they call it!!) when I arrived and only high school/college French which was so rusty, even the Dominican staff keep speak it better!!
But, that was many many years ago - 13 to be exact. Nowadays, you must have multi-languages for any job in a resort, as was told to me by my ex-boss. The dominican staff had to take courses in French, German and even Russian to stay employed, and now for a gringa/gringo to obtain a job at the resorts in POP, they require you to know many languages.
I was just in the right place at the right time, luckily for me!

As for your other question regarding hotel closure/payroll issues, I do not have a clue. Hopefully, someone will be able to answer that for you, or maybe even post it in the legal section and Fabio might be able to help.

Marlie