Car Rental

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Hi Everyone
Will be travelling to Santiago. Can anyone recommend a reliable car rental at STI airport. My first post and I'm sure it will not be my last.Thanks

Sep 19, 2005
well if you go with savings rental car, you will get a great price and lots of help should the car break down,( it is the dominican replublic remember) what you wont get is much gas in the gas tank when you hop in the car for the first time.

I hear there are a few other companies that are much better in the gasloine in the tank catergory....thats what I HEAR.

good luck

bob

Sep 19, 2005
well for sure at STI you have a LOT of choices. there is a row of at least 5 or more larger car rental companies inthe airport itself! Actually you have to come out of the airport to access their rooms! Then there are probably another 5 or 6 companies within walking distance. Which even if it was less than 1/4 mile would be a pain with luggage! But with the search button, maybe you will find a few threads that can come up with some recomendations and phone numbers. I bet the ones not right at the airport, but just down the road a few hundred yards would meet you at the terminal exits. I have only rented with one company and for a first timer, i dont think i would recomend them. After a few trips , maybe they could be of some benefit. But for the first time, you want it to go as sloothly as possible, even if it costs you a little more money!

read up on the insurance issues as well... and what people have said about potential liabilities and how they relate to a foreigner renting a car here.

good luck

bob

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Thanatos,
Welcome to DR1. We hope you have an enjoyable trip here in paradise. If you have anymore questions don't hesitate to ask.

When you get back home and you find the time do you think you could give us a report about your trip. Just put it in the "Trip Report" forum and tell us how it went, where you stayed, how the service and food was. You know, the typical stuff. Thank you.

Rick

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Hey guys thanks for response. Rented with Nelly. Rented Chevrolet Spark. Small and economical.3 cylinder but I found myself passing cars on the autopista.New only 6500 k on odometer ac,power windows,cd player,good road stability for $29 per day oh almost forgot and a full tank of gas! Service was great, in and out of office in 15 minutes. Thanks again