PADI Course nr Puerto Plata 3rd - 17th May

Status
Not open for further replies.

DackJaniels

Apr 28, 2006
Hi all,
I will be visiting your fine land on 3rd May for two weeks.
I plan on trying scuba diving and gaining my Open Water Diver certification.
Can anyone suggest a reputable dive company nr Puerto Plata, or at least one that can pick me up at the Coral Marien hotel in Playa Dorada?

Thanks in advance

Incidentally, if anyone reading this is planning on the same course at the same time please PM me and maybe we can do it together (the course that is! :cheeky: ).

DackJaniels

Apr 28, 2006
PADI Diving

Thanks for the reply Rocky. I have visitied their site and am impressed with the customer feedback, I have now requested prices.
Hopefully I will get to meet you at your Poker game this Friday!
Regards,
Steve

SamGompers

Mar 14, 2004
DackJ . . .I'll be in Sosua a few days later than you and have already signed up for my PADI course at Northern . . . everything has gone super smoothly so far .. . initial indications: thumbs up!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
DackJaniels said:
Thanks for the reply Rocky. I have visitied their site and am impressed with the customer feedback, I have now requested prices.
Hopefully I will get to meet you at your Poker game this Friday!
Regards,
Steve
I'm sure you'll be satisfied with Nothern Coast.
Poker game starts at 8 PM and is a friendly low stake game. (Texas Hold'em)

DackJaniels

Apr 28, 2006
Padi

Hi Sam,
Good to see I'm not the only one. Are you also doing the Open Water diver certification? Are you going it alone or do you have company?
It would be great to meet up and maybe book at the same time so I have a buddy to enjoy it with.
PM me if this is a possibility.
Regards,
Steve

G

gary short

I don't want to freak anybody out but when you go for your open water dive make sure it's not too rough out there. Just an observation. You don't want to disembark from your skiff when big rollers are crashing on the beach. I've seen people on Sosua beach with all their gear get messed up after being tossed from the skiff inorder to make their way through the surf to get to Terra Firma. I'm not suggesting it's any company in particular. Just be careful.

DackJaniels

Apr 28, 2006
Getting tossed-off!

Thanks for the advice Gary, I will do my very best to ensure I am not tossed-off in full public view! ;)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
DackJaniels said:
Thanks for the advice Gary, I will do my very best to ensure I am not tossed-off in full public view! ;)
They say that it doesn't matter how good a diver you are, only how good you look doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.