ask residence card in Puerto Plata

borgiaborges

May 1, 2006
Hola,

Is there an migration office in Puerto Plata where I could ask for my residency card ?

Thank you!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Welcome to DR1

before I post some info I want to make sure what you are seeking.

Residence card?........I take it that you are moving or have moved to the DR prematurely or for more than a visit?

borgiaborges

May 1, 2006
Thank you AnnaC

I'll arrive in RD in a few days in order to leave in RD ( I baught a lot and now I have to do the house).I don't come as a turist.
I know tthe adress of the hospital for the medical asunto in Puerto Plata, and I'd like do everything in Puerto Plata.

borgiaborges

May 1, 2006
I know everything to do to obtain the card, I just need to know the adress of the office migracion in Puerto Plata.

borgiaborges

May 1, 2006
In reality, I don't know nothing.
I just red the Guzman page.
But the last time I was in the Internos Impuestos in Puerto Plata, I met two women doing the requirments for the resident card. It seems that the file can be deposed in this town.
If someone could tell me if there is a posibility to do it there......Thanks

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You cannot even file it there. you have to go tho Migraci?n in Santo Domingo.

Sorry>

HB :D:D

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
You can not get the medical examinations needed done in Puerto Plata either - you must visit the two medical centres allocated for these checks IN SANTO DOMINGO!

PLEASE, go visit a lawyer &/or the Consular office for your country & check the right questions of him/her. You don't have to USE him/her for the application (although that DOES sound the best advice to you right now) but you should check again that you have ALL the right paperwork available to hand over to Migracion IN SANTO DOMINGO when you eventually go down there. Have you got all the translations done? Have they been notorised? ~ Grahame.

borgiaborges

May 1, 2006
It seems that there is a contro medico autorizado por el departamiento de migracion en Puerto Plata : centro medico Bournigal.

I found this adress here :
http://www.cedopex.gov.do/pdf/inversion/clima/REQUISITOS_ RESIDENCIA_INVERSIÓN.pdf

I don't want the residencia for inversion, but I think that if this hospital is autorizado for this, it should be authorized for normal resident card too.

Did somebody his medical examinations in this hospital ????

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Not true! Residencia por Inversi?n is a different category. It is to entice investments, so the process is different.

FYI, this is what you need to get together.

1) Two (2) photocopies of the visa or Tourist Card that allowed entry into the DR

2) Birth Certificate (original-not copy), if in a foreign language, it must be translated by a judicial interpreter and "legalized" -signed and stamped- by the Attorney General's office. (This can be done here in Santiago)

3) If married, the marriage certificate must also be translated and go through the same process.

4) A letter of guarantee, signed by a "solvent person", either a Dominican or a legal resident. This letter must establish that the guarantor is responsible with regards to the "Moral and economic conditions" of the solicitant and will cover the living expenses and repatriation expenses if it were to become necessary. This letter must be notarized and legalized by the Attorney General's office. ( Note: Remember that these letters are only good for 30 days so they should do them shortly before going to Santo Domingo to deposit the papers.)

5) If the guarantor is NOT the Father or the spouse of the petitioner, a sworn statement of the solvency of the garantor, signed by this person and witnessed by two other persons, before a Notary, legalized by the Attorney General, and accompanied by the proof of solvency: Bank Letter; Business Incorporation papers or property titles.

6) If the guarantor is an employee, the work contract that established the salary.

7) The Application Form, properly filled out, plus three copies. RD$40.00 pesos.

8) A certificationof Good Conduct (No delinquency) from the local Police commander (This will cost a person a few hundred pesos) Plus three copies.

9) Medical exams carried out by the doctors at Migraci?n: (Cost RD$3, 060.00) Authorization for the Medical Exam should be requested at the Departamento de Extranger?a, two copies, plus the photocopy of the passport photo page, or of the page containing the Visa, is the person entered the country with a Visa..

10) Deposit RD$280.00 for Internal Revenue Stamps, Migration series.

11) Six (6) photographs, 2 x 2 , four front and two side.

12) Two complete photocopies of the entire passport-cover to cover.

13) A photocopyof the "C?dulas" of the guarantor and of the witnesses.

14) The Tourist Card, or, in case it was lost, a letter of certification from Immigration of entry and exits.

15) Upon depositing the documentation, pay RD$500.00 at Window #5

16) Payment of taxes at Window #6 (Varies, depending on how long the person has been in the country, I think)

Try doing all of that in POP!!

HB :D:D

borgiaborges

May 1, 2006
Thank you,
The dominican consulate in France will translate and legalise my birth and good conduct certificates.
Then I'll go to Luperon where I'll do the papers of guarantors with the Juez de Paz.
After I'll have to do the rest in SD.
But if I could do the medical exams in Puerto Plata, I would spend less time in SD, it's easyer for me.
But nobody told me if it is possible en el centro medico Bournigal en Puerto Plata.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
borgiaborges said:
Thank you,
The dominican consulate in France will translate and legalise my birth and good conduct certificates.
Then I'll go to Luperon where I'll do the papers of guarantors with the Juez de Paz.
After I'll have to do the rest in SD.
But if I could do the medical exams in Puerto Plata, I would spend less time in SD, it's easyer for me.
But nobody told me if it is possible en el centro medico Bournigal en Puerto Plata.

No, it is not possible. You need to go to Santo Domingo and use their medical facilities.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
BushBaby said:
You can not get the medical examinations needed done in Puerto Plata either - you must visit the two medical centres allocated for these checks IN SANTO DOMINGO!

PLEASE, go visit a lawyer &/or the Consular office for your country & check the right questions of him/her. You don't have to USE him/her for the application (although that DOES sound the best advice to you right now) but you should check again that you have ALL the right paperwork available to hand over to Migracion IN SANTO DOMINGO when you eventually go down there. Have you got all the translations done? Have they been notorised? ~ Grahame.
As they say in all good childrens programmes ........
"Oh yes I did!!" (see highlighted text above!). If you look at Hillbilly's post you will note that he suggests Santo Domingo is the ONLY place to get these screening tests done!!. ~ Grahame.

borgiaborges

May 1, 2006
how long does it take to get the medical results ?
( the same day or shall I have to wait several days ?)
Thanks