Punta Cana - Under Construction

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Westin Roco Ki Beach & Golf Resort - Construction Continues - Opening October 1, 2007

Moon Palace Punta Cana - Recently broke ground and signs are up in Punta Cana area. Located a bit North of SuperClubs Breezes Punta Cana. Reported to be between 1500 and 2000 rooms in two stages totalling some $250US Million. Large tract of land under ownership. Phase 1 to open in August 2007 and Phase 2 in December 2007.

Gregg

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
NOOOOOO!! They have got to stop building so many hotels!!! I don't have the full amount to buy my own house there yet, and they are taking the best spots!!!!

Can I put a towel on a piece of land to hold it 'till I have all the money to buy it, just like people do with the chaise lounges at the hotels?? ;););)

MQ

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
something_of_the_night said:
Roco Ki is near Macao, not Punta Cana.
While you are geographically correct; in terms of resort naming they tend to use the name Punta Cana to refer to everything from South of Punta Cana to as far North as Uvero Alto (i.e. - Secrets Excellence Punta Cana; Sivory Punta Cana; etc.).

Gregg

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
don't worry Gregg, Something.. just wanted to hear himself sound smart :laugh:

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
put a smile in your post/lighten up

If you know the area very well, you also should have known that which Fireguy said above
i.e. as far a tourism in concerned, Punta Cana is any of the coastal area of La Altagracia province where you find the international resorts - ~Juanillo-~Uvero Alto, as of today.

Westin's Roco Ki is located in (Punta) Macao, Punta Cana

EDITED TO ADD: What you should be seething about is about the well practiced consideration that Bayahibe is part of La Romana province.

(did I sound smart!?) :laugh:

Last edited:

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
santobonao said:
Punta cana should be a city

Funny you should mention that. Had some Italians come by the other day asking directions to go to the CITY of Punta Cana. I told them, "Welcome! This is it!" and they all looked at each other like, "She MUST be crazy." Took them a while to understand that it's more the AREA of Punta Cana and not a CITY.