Sosua Vs Cabarete: Help Please!asap!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRDIrtdaddy

May 2, 2006
My crew and I are going to DR in the last weekend in June for the !st time. It's agroup of 5 guys all in our mid to late 20's. Were all fom big cities used to the livest and fastest scenes. Between Sosua and Caberte which place would you reccommend staying in for the wildest time. We'll definitely party in both , but where should we stay. Saying they are both the same does not really help. A choice must be made. Thanks for the Help!!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
DRDIrtdaddy said:
My crew and I are going to DR in the last weekend in June for the !st time. It's agroup of 5 guys all in our mid to late 20's. Were all fom big cities used to the livest and fastest scenes. Between Sosua and Caberte which place would you reccommend staying in for the wildest time. We'll definitely party in both , but where should we stay. Saying they are both the same does not really help. A choice must be made. Thanks for the Help!!
As per the folowing post,
http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49886
"Both Sosua & Cabarete are great.
Sosua is bigger and less expensive with better diving & swimming, while Cabarete is more geared to a younger sporty crowd, with windsurfing as it's main attraction.
Food & accomodations will cost approx. 50% more in Cabarete."

If you are looking to party & dance with other tourists, Cabarete would be a better choice.
If you prefer partying with Latinas, Sosua would be the choice.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
DRDIrtdaddy said:
. It's agroup of 5 guys all in our mid to late 20's. Were all fom big cities used to the livest and fastest scenes.
Famous last words. Watch out for the Dominican land sharks. They will match up to any big city boys.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Rocky nailed it... Ono's and Bambu are 2 clubs next to each other on the beach where the tourists and locals party till 4 or later, it gets pretty wild and the dancing spills out onto the beach, but besides that, not much else going on late night in Cabarete... but those 2 places are worth checking out... In Sosua, you have a whole block of bars and clubs and they're open just as late, but it's geared more towards the "pay for play" with the local girls scene...*but* a GREAT time can be had in either town. Overall Sosua is great for the local food, the beach, cheap hotels, and being able to walk everywhere, Cabarete is great if you like water sports, surfer chicks, and more "upscale" restaurants and hotels.

Nini

Jul 28, 2005
Cabarete!!

CABARETE!!!!...if you want to party with hott, latina, surfer girls!! ;)
Last week of june this year is major partying in cabarete! Dont miss out on the action!

mick8751

Jun 16, 2006
Sosua is the tops for good times stay at Casa Marina reef short walk to all the places u want to go to Voodoo. britana debs pantry ROSE AND Thistle all good places to eat

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
You guys should try both but I think you will find the most action in Sosua on Pedro Clisante after 11pm.

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
DRDIrtdaddy,
Welcome to DR1. There you have it, the word from the experts. It looks like both places are the place to be to party but for more affordable prices Sosua is the place to crash in your off party times.

We know you will enjoy yourselves and when you get back home how about a report in our "Trip Report" forum. You can tell us all about your experiences here in paradise.

Rick

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
The end of June thru the first week in July is also the world cup kite boarding event in Cab. so the place should really be hoping then.

Bob K

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
Sosua and Cabarete are only few minutes apaprt, so I never understood what's a big deal anyways:) As from my single clients, they do tend to prefer Sosua for the night life, and Cabarete ,1 street beach town for windsurfing and day fun .The only difference is that Cabarete has wonderful, great beach front properties like Magnifico, that is guest friendly, that's hard to find in Sosua.

Just my 2 cents:)

Jostan

Jun 17, 2006
I prefer to stay in Cabarete, but I do like the beach in Sosua better (its prettier and more cosy) the thing I dont like about Sosua is that you see old white guys with pretty dominican girls EVERYWHERE, even more so in the night. What's even worse, those old and ugly old white men, that wont dare to speak to you in europe or in the USA or now treating you like either they are dominican guys or that you are a dominican puta... ARGH!
Ofcourse this happens in cabarete too, its just not so obvious.
Anyway I like the night life in Cabarete A LOT better.

Also, I think i saw somebody post here that its easier to find cheap spots to eat in Sosua, but i found the cheapest spots in Cabarete (the chinese and the italian and the dominican restaurant) the dominican restaurants in sosua were a little bit more expensive (or I was just looking in the wrong places!)

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Jostan said:
What's even worse, those old and ugly old white men, that wont dare to speak to you in europe or in the USA or now treating you like either they are dominican guys or that you are a dominican puta... ARGH!
Try as I may, I don't get this.
What exactly are you saying?
Are you a Dominican woman?

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Rocky I must agree with you. As the OP was looking for location information Jostan supplied such but the addition of the other information gives me the indication of the desire to WAN-A-BE.

Rick

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Well, she is giving her opinion on what she personally dislikes of Sosua, but because the OP is asking advice for a group of 5 guys in their 20s looking for the 'wildest time' her concerns will be a bit less relevant for the OP :laugh:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
qgrande said:
Well, she is giving her opinion on what she personally dislikes of Sosua, but because the OP is asking advice for a group of 5 guys in their 20s looking for the 'wildest time' her concerns will be a bit less relevant for the OP :laugh:
I do understand some of her agendas.
The part I don't understand is about old men treating her like a puta.
If she is a white woman, how are the old ugly fat tourists mistaking her for a puta?
Are they blind fat ugly old tourists?

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
I'm sorry I posted and therefore request that everyone disregard my prior post.

I was under the assumption that the post in question was written by a person of the male gender. If it in fact is a female, I fail to see where this was stated but what do I know, then my prior post has no relevance. Sorry.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.