Sankies - Happy endings & STD's.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Two things:

1) We have all heard of the Sankie horror stories, but how about a few happy endings? I have yet to see one post on this board that has had a happy ending. e.g. I met him at a resort and we have been happily married for 10 years.

Does anyone have a happy story?

2) Sankies and STD's. Do any of you bother to get tested?
Most Sankies have multiple sexual partners (tourists, males, Dominican girls) and wouldn't think twice about having unprotected sex.

Do you ladies demand they use protection?
Has a Sankie ever refused?

Note:
If you have nothing of value to add to this thread. Don't both posting, it will just be deleted and your posting restrictions confined to the "Clown Bin". Some of you better engage brain on this one or better still, ignore the thread.

**princess

Oct 31, 2005
I was stupid and lucky when i went... (i'll wait for the abuse!)
The first time i mentioned protection and we used it, jst abouut, my friend who i went with was so much more forcefuul and when she made sure they uused it, or he wasnt getting ANY!!

The second visit, we didnt use anything the whole week, and when i had to have my std tests at the hospital... i tell you i SH*T my pants...

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
STD/AIDS test is a MUST before intercourse. It only takes one day for the results. It is worth the wait.

I hope everyone demands protection. Better safe than sorry.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Goodbye - Hello

Potato_Salad said:
.... It only takes one day for the results. It is worth the wait.

A recently acquired HIV doesn't show in a test until several days later.
I do, however, not know after what time the test will have reliable results.

Even an average skilled sankie would talk almost any tourist woman into having unprotected sex. That's one of their easiest tricks.... no te preocupes amor, eres mi primera mujer...
Those eyes cannot lie.

m'frog

audboogie

Jul 4, 2004
mountainfrog said:

Even an average skilled sankie would talk almost any tourist woman into having unprotected sex. That's one of their easiest tricks.... no te preocupes amor, eres mi primera mujer...
Those eyes cannot lie.

m'frog

i was told that HIV can not show up for as long as 6 months after contact, which would mean that to get an accurate result you must get tested, then tested again 6 mo later???

Boy am i glad im not on the dating scene now a days!!! Scarey!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Please get the info straight there's a three month window before the virus HIV shows on a test but that doesn't mean you can't be spreading it or have it spread to you in the mean time.

So don't have unprotected sex just because someone tells you they get tested every 3 to 6 months.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Useless in the heat of the moment

mountainfrog said:

All right, after reading a bit, I found out that after 3 weeks (after the infection) the test result has an accurancy rate of approx. 80 %, 12 weeks later it's as certain as can be (100 %).
One should keep in mind that this period would have about 6 new arrivals in a hotel.... in sankies' terms "fresh meat supply".

Although the FDA has approved of several so called "point-of-care"- or "bedside"-tests or "rapid/simple test devices" which produce results within minutes (quick blood or saliva sample used).
Though quick results are possible these tests CANNOT shorten the period needed to obtain RELIABLE results.

m'frog

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
mountainfrog said:

Those eyes cannot lie.

m'frog

Hi there :)

Several days? As long as we get reliable results. ;)

I guess the most safe way is by not having sex at all. LOL

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
mountainfrog said:
All right, after reading a bit, I found out that after 3 weeks (after the infection) the test result has an accurancy rate of approx. 80 %, 12 weeks later it's as certain as can be (100 %).
One should keep in mind that this period would have about 6 new arrivals in a hotel.... in sankies' terms "fresh meat supply".

Although the FDA has approved of several so called "point-of-care"- or "bedside"-tests or "rapid/simple test devices" which produce results within minutes (quick blood or saliva sample used).
Though quick results are possible these tests CANNOT shorten the period needed to obtain RELIABLE results.

m'frog

Thank you for doing the research. This is very good and important info.

G

gary short

Edited, idiot post.

Last edited by a moderator:

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Cervical cancer.......

is becoming epidemic in the DR.
The incidence of cervical cancer in young women is directly related to their having had multiple sex partners. The more partners you have the more likely you are to develop cervical cancer......
Just thought some reading this thread would like to know....

blitz

Apr 3, 2006
**princess said:
I was stupid and lucky when i went... (i'll wait for the abuse!)
The first time i mentioned protection and we used it, jst abouut, my friend who i went with was so much more forcefuul and when she made sure they uused it, or he wasnt getting ANY!!

The second visit, we didnt use anything the whole week, and when i had to have my std tests at the hospital... i tell you i SH*T my pants...

I'm not going to bother flaming you, you obviously realize the severity of your actions, but you sure ARE lucky that your sankie didn't give you any ever-lasting 'gifts'!

Something that really frightens me about a girl I met in POP (she was 16 or 17) was her apparent failure to realize that giving a guy (an animator of course) oral can also transmit AIDS or other STDs!! I know there have been specials about teenagers in North America becoming far more casual with oral sex, thinking of it as safe because you can't get pregnant, but it's just scary that they safe sex = oral sex!!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Robert said:
What about happy sankie stories?

And yes, let's stick to my original questions.
Thanks, I was just going to ask the same questions.
I have a feeling, there aren't any happy endings.
AZB

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
but if it was a happy ending and they are still with eachother now, then I guess they wouldn't classify their partner as a sankie, would they?

mamichula24

Mar 28, 2006
happy...but there's no ending yet

I met someone when I was in the DR. He worked on the resort (but he was the dive master). I met him in Jan., went back down to see him in March, and we've talked every day since I left in Jan. So things are looking good. I've read plenty on here about sankies, and I'm sure he's not one. Though my guard is still up and I'm looking for "signs" I haven't found a single one.

But while on the subject of unprotected sex. The first guy I met when I was out there was a sankie. I didn't realize it until later when he asked me for money (which I didn't give him of course). But when it came to sex...he was a different person. I told him from the start no condom no sex. He was conviced he was "macho" enough to pull out. But still I stuck to my guns. A few days later we partied together and I went back to his place. (Bad idea). Again, I asked if he had a condom and he said no. So again...no condom no sex. He didn't like that again...this time he was much more forceful with me. Though he came close to raping me, he didn't (too close for comfort). Finally, after fighting with him for a couple hours he backed away. And after I stared crying cuz I was absolutely terrified. Just make sure you stay true to yourself. IF you don't have a condom, just don't have sex.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
daydream said:
but if it was a happy ending and they are still with eachother now, then I guess they wouldn't classify their partner as a sankie, would they?

Yes you're absolutely right but that wasn't the question.

Robert said:
but how about a few happy endings? I have yet to see one post on this board that has had a happy ending. e.g. I met him at a resort and we have been happily married for 10 years.

Nothing in his question about a sankie but rather a resort worker.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Ah yes....but he named the thread Sankies & ****

AnnaC said:
Nothing in his question about a sankie but rather a resort worker.

BTW in 16 yrs of wintering in the DR I have yet to see or hear of a "happy" ending involving a 'sankie' nor of one involving a 'resort worker'.......

Does that answer Rob's question?????