Star light, star bright.....

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
duhtree said:
The first star I see tonight.

http://reference.aol.com/space/nightsky/_a/touring-the-may-sky/20060425181009990001

I don't know if this will work or not. However, it's part of AOL front page. And it offers a lovely trip through the Dominican night sky.

Living in a country with minimal industralization offers tremendous opportunities to look up and be amazed.

Let me know what you think. John

Try a pair of light enhancing nightscope binoculars for sky watching, especially from the rural southwest region of the DR, and watch the heavens as a solid bright landscape of back-to-back planets, stars, nebulae...

-

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
Mirador I am just a simple city boy going ga, ga at the sky. But you seem to know what to do and have some equiptment to do it.
Even to me it's amazing! I'll look into night scope binoc's. What size do you reccommend? Remember KISS is my motto.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
duhtree said:
Mirador I am just a simple city boy going ga, ga at the sky. But you seem to know what to do and have some equiptment to do it.
Even to me it's amazing! I'll look into night scope binoc's. What size do you reccommend? Remember KISS is my motto.

I guess any night vision scope will do... Mine is an old vintage ex USSR military night scope (see image below) used by Russian tank crews in Afghanistan, which I found in a trash can in Minsk...

x2ozmh.jpg