Dominican Beauty Salon in Southwest VA

kharamelIsis

May 3, 2006
I recently moved to Roanoke, VA and I would like to know if there is a dominican salon in the area. I would also be willing to travel to Greensboro, NC since it is only two hours away. Also, does anyone know if any of the BSS sell dominican hair products in the southwest VA or NC areas?

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
kharamelIsis said:
I recently moved to Roanoke, VA and I would like to know if there is a dominican salon in the area. I would also be willing to travel to Greensboro, NC since it is only two hours away. Also, does anyone know if any of the BSS sell dominican hair products in the southwest VA or NC areas?
No way in hell, sorry but been thru there and there is nothing remotely Latino in the area, no food or anything else. DC, Maryland, Richmond and NC are better bets....

kharamelIsis

May 3, 2006
I guess it was wishful thinking.... I noticed that the area is lacking diversity. There are plenty of Mexicans but that doesn't really help me. There is one cuban restaurant in the market downtown and if I have time I will order arroz con pollo or frijoles negros but that's it. I guess I will need to venture into Greensboro which appears to have more diversity. The last time I was there I did notice a few bodegas. Maybe I will find something remotely dominican there.

ssasy

Mar 5, 2006
Hi Kharamelisis

I don't think you will be able to find any Dominican beauty salons in Roanoke. I live in Charlottesville and haven't had any luckk. Here, there is only one hispanic salon and the owner is from Ecuador. I've been there twice but it's not the same.Maybe in Richmond or NC you'll be able to find something.
Although we found a restaurant whose owner is a Dominican and the food is great, he doesn't have a lot of Dominican dishes....
Good luck searching!