Golf

oldislandman

Sep 1, 2002
I just did a search on Playa DOrado golf course and I did not like what I read. A friend and I will be in POP (Field of Dreams hotel) May 25-29. We had planned on playing both Playa courses (Dorado and Grande) I am writing for 2 reasons. First of all, I have been a lurker on these boards for quite some time. I know some of you like golf and I would love to meet you on the golf course and have you join us. Secondly, I would like any information you may give about the courses in the area. Thanks in advance for any information!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Playa Grande is 1 1/2 hours drivw east of Field of Dreams. A friend & I are possibly going that way shortly so if you put a bit of petrol in the car - JOIN US.

Santiago is the next best local course - same as above.

I intend visiting Playa Dorada next week & if the greens have not improved I shall not play there ........ EVEN with my Fedogolf FREE game available still. If YOU play there, get on to the green & (if you are not within 2 feet of the hole) give yourself two putts & go to the next hole!!

We might visit the Costambar course at the weekend - 9 holes played twice, but it is not what I would call a REAL course, more a pitch & put with the ocassional 5 wood & pitching wedge. Putting as with Playa Dorada!!

PM or e-mail me to organise any golf trip you might want to make. ~ Grahame.

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
Playa Dorado Closing

Has Playa Dorado closed for revovation yet?
They are supposed to close May. June and July.
If not I will try to get my free round in the 2nd week of June.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
DRTampa,
The word from reception at Playa Dorada is (if you can believe it) Work should be starting on the course at the end of this month or bbeginning of next month!!!

ONLY nine holes will be closed for work at a time which means you can play whilst repairs are going on - Free round will count as twice round the same nine!!. Call me when you are in!! ~ Grahame.