Private investigator req'd

adagio_adeux

May 5, 2006
Hi,

Need recommendation to a P.I in S.D.who can help me identify a particular person, Connections and info on their family and supply identifying pics, and also check out there bonafides as to educational background.

This info is only req'd for personal reasons ( marriage intentions ) and not to be used for any judiciary proceedings.

A fixed price for scope if works will be required.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Mike.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
A question from an incorrigible romantic bystander...

Mike, if you don't trust her, then why are you willing to marry her? ...maybe she is hiding something from you because she loves you so much that she doesn't want to risk losing you... Would your investigation assure you that once you marry her she would never involve herself in any secret shenanigans?...

-

adagio_adeux

May 5, 2006
Hi Mirador

Thanks Mirador and Tamborista for your time and replies.

It's not a case of not trusting her.... and of course if we were to marry then there are no guarantees in life are there ? It's just about verification. She has given me no reason to distrust. We all know that anyone can be anything on the net and I want to know that before I invest the time and effort in this possible friendship that I am not going to be dissapointed.

I wouldn't be offended AT ALL if someone wanted to investigate my personal circumstances... actually I would be quite flattered that they were taking my interest seriously.

Thanks again
Mike.;)

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Mike, if I was you, I'd rather trust a lovelorn woman than a second hand private eye who's only interest is your money. Then again, who I'm I to say, I'm just a foolish romantic... ;-)

adagio_adeux

May 5, 2006
Mirador... yeah I know where ur coming from. I'm a romantic at heart too.... never ever thought of doing this before. Please don't become cynical about how you feel over my abberation !! heh .... So tell me , do you live in DR or are you a native from there ..?

Mike.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
adagio_adeux said:
Mirador... yeah I know where ur coming from. I'm a romantic at heart too.... never ever thought of doing this before. Please don't become cynical about how you feel over my abberation !! heh .... So tell me , do you live in DR or are you a native from there ..?

Mike.

Mike, how can I be cynical, if I share the same aberration? I just wish you good luck.... By the way, Im both a native, and live in the DR.

-

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
Mike, is this a woman you have never met in person? Someone you have established an internet relationship with? At least that's what it seems to me.

G

gary short

juancarlos said:
Mike, is this a woman you have never met in person? Someone you have established an internet relationship with? At least that's what it seems to me.
Very good sleuthing juancarlos. You should forward your rates to the OP.

boogieman

Mar 30, 2006
i dont know bro....

if you have to INVESTIGATE your fiance, then id say youre not ready at all to get married mate... get to know her better if you ask me!

adagio_adeux

May 5, 2006
Thanks Mirador... maybe you might be able to help me with a couple of questions I have .... more about that later and privately if it's ok with you.

Juancarlo, Yes I met her on the net... and at this stage it's just friendship...hasn't been long ( just a few days) , however I do feel a connection...maybe it's just that romantic thing happening again !! heh
It's too early to make rash decisions just yet... but before I contemplate forking out some cool ones...it would be nice to have some verification. I suppose I should be looking at it from the aspect that It would be nice to have a holiday in the carribean ( my friends would be green with envy !! haha )... and anything that could eventuate is a bonus !! Lets face it ... even friendship is such a gem isn't it !!

Thanks to all who have contributed...I'm going to let the topic settle now.
I am feeling much more relaxed after speaking on the phone a few times... I possibly may have been a little over anxious....... Lifes supposed to be adventurous isn't it ..?

Mirador.... read some of your previous contributions last nite...seems you have some sort of social conscience.... that's always nice to see in a humanbeing. Enjoyed the enlightment of learning about Camaroon... and read some of the responses to it from DR's..... is corruption rife in the D.R. ..? Maybe we could start another thread about educating westerners..heh.

Take care all ,

Mike.

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
That being the case, I think you are absolutely right to find out as much as you can about this woman before you meet her in person. Over internet, people can make, and actually do make, all kinds of claims. I hope you are succesful and that everything turns out right, with no unpleasant surprises.

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
gary short said:
Very good sleuthing juancarlos. You should forward your rates to the OP.

Well, you know, there are times when you have actually met the person and even gone to bed with, and sitll know very little about her. Nowadays with all of this internet dating, I do feel you need the services of a PI. Once everrything is clear, let romance blossom. I just wanted to make sure I had understood what he meant, even at the risk of sounding dumb, which I really don't mind and actually enjoy sometimes.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
A hopeless romantic is one thing. Marrying a girl from a thirld world country as innately corrupt as the DR is another.

Sorry to say, and everyone has their own opinions about this, but what are the chances that this chica(or any other dominican chica) is just out to fleece some naiive tourist?

I say hire someone from the states who has connections in the DR. This is not as difficult as it may sound. If you are in NYC you can speak to lawyers in Washington Heights who I'm sure can steer you in the right direction.

It certainly is better to know now than to get hoodwinked further down the line.