1st time to Boca Chica. Request Advise

jamaicanredstripe

May 5, 2006
I will be visiting Boca Chica for the 1st time around June 10, 2006. I am a single adult male. I am looking for a hotel with a pool, bar, restaurant & an in room safe. I prefer the hotel to be within walking distance to the beach, restaurants and night life entertainment. I would like to stick to a budget of US$ 50/Night (taxes included), but anything a bit more and reasonable, I will consider too. I prefer the hotel to pick me up from/to the airport free of charge. I would like a hotel that will allow guests on property/room for no extra fee.

I am really looking forward to this much deserved vacation, as I am fully stressed and need to spoil myself for a change. All suggestions will be much appreciated.

Also I get to hear that nightlife is dead of late. Which are the best places now and where can I find some chicas easily to hang out & play with????

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
jamaicanredstripe said:
I will be visiting Boca Chica for the 1st time around June 10, 2006.

I will be in Boca Chica next week for my first time and will provide info when I return. I have made 4 trips to Sosua and this might be a better option for a first trip. If you plan to stay a week or more you can do both which is what I am doing this trip.

Welcome to the Board!

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
El Candil fits all your requirements (although I'm not sure about the in-room safe). There are others, but I don't believe they provide the free airport pick-up.

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
Boca Chica #$%$#@^%%$#$%

So You will be visiting Puta City !!You dont need a pool here..Boca Chica is famous for it's natural Pool..I recommend the Hotel Europa..$30.00 US per night..Right on Duatre Av. In the center of all the action..Room Safe,Clean Rooms..Bring plenty of Pesoes as the locals are there as well as Dominicans from 30 miles around to RIP YOU OFF !!If Putas are your thing then the finest SECECTION is HERE !!Contact info for hotel Europa...809-523-5721 or www.hoteleuropa.com.do

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
i recommend candil as well. First visit..they will take good care of you...and if you are there for more than a few days..the airport pickup is well worth the extra 10 bucks a day you will save at other places. and yes the have in-room safes...plus they are really good about keeping out unsavory people.

Costalunga is another good bet. I really dont recommend any place on the main street (duarte)...as i wouldnt want the noise from the street to keep me up when i want to crash.

someone recommended el pinos to me on my last trip...but i cant find anything about the place on-line.

Brian

Jan 5, 2002
hello i will alos be ther june 10th in el caucho.I benn to boca like 4 times and sosua i lost count.I never dids el caucho but im gonna give it it a shot.Im a day beach guy so look me up at el caucho/ Brian ny

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Just be careful when you're hanging out alone overthere, here's some tips.

1. search all the threads on Boca Chica
2. ask how much first before you buy
3. don't buy DRUGS overthere, i.e. marajuana.
4. bring a small silver chain with you, and wear your safe key around your neck.
5. search all the threads on Boca Chica

Have a fun trip

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
give this guy some slack will ya? soooo...he wants to hook up while on vaca...whats the big deal?

who knows..when he gets there perhaps he will discover that there is more to boca chica than working girls...and that there is more to the DR than just boca chica.

Anyhoo..to the op...just be safe and listed to Ricardo's advise. it is very doubtfull that you will meet any "nice" girls on your first visit..especialy in boca chica.

Again..regards to hotel...for a first timer i recommend El Candil. You get free airport pickup...the security is very good...the rooms are nice..the staff is great

say for instance that your "guest" wants to leave while you are still in your room...the front desk will call you to make sure things are ok etc. They also have to leave there ID at the front desk on entry. I know..sounds like a pain in the butt...but for for a newbie it offers very good protection. and its only a two block stumble from the beach.

i second ricardo on "ask how much" before you buy...that goes with renting a chair on the beach as well as the extras you are looking for.

Just realize..it is a tourist area and everyone there is out to make money off the tourists. Its not a bad thing...just have to keep your wits about you.

and indeed...if you keep going back...it IS possible to meet "nice" people who dont just want your money.

best o luck...please post when you return and let us know how things went!

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
jrzyguy said:
and indeed...if you keep going back...it IS possible to meet "nice" people who dont just want your money.
I agree, they are alot of nice people in Boca Chica and the surrounding areas like San Andres(sp?). It's sad that Dominicans that live outside the cities are very poor with little opportunities and the ones that work in BC, make very little money, relying on tips and poor wages to feed their families. I know a couple of good people who live in and work in the area, trust me they live in poverty, but their are humble and friend of mines wife makes a damn good "sancocho":)

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
Girls ID at hotel desk

I have to disagree with that..This is NOT true at every hotel..I visit Boca Chica 2 times a year for a few days before I move around the country..[bad habits are hard to break].I now travel with my South American wife and have seen certain hotels allow the working girls into the touristas rooms without asking for the ID.This is true in the wee hours of the morning when only the night watchman is there and not the manager/owner..Was there 6 weeks ago and witness this myself at 2 different hotels..