Scuba Diving - Punta Cana

kudra

May 6, 2006
I am planning to Scuba Dive while I am in DR. Can anyone suggest a reliable, affordable company to dive with? I will also probably need to rent most of my equipment as I hate losing stuff when I fly.
While I was living in Costa Rica last year, I often dove with Diving Safaris and they were such an awesome company. Hoping to have a good time in the DR even though I understand the diving is not the greatest. I am going to a wedding and thought I might be able to also get in some diving. Any good dive :confused: spots in or around Punta Cana?

TropicalRubia

May 12, 2006
Hi there,

I can recommend "Pelicano divecentres". They are located in several hotels in Bavaro and offer free transport if you are not staying in one of these hotels. You can check their website www.pelicano.com for more info.

Divergirl

Jun 22, 2006
Dressel Divers, Punta Cana

Hi,

I can certainly recommend Dressel Divers. They have dive centres in Punta Cana, Bayahibe and Puerto Plata at Iberostar hotels.
I had dived with them in Mexico and was very happy with their service, so it was an easy choice for me to dive with them again in DR.
Have been diving with them in Punta Cana and Bayahibe. They are sooo professional and fun at the same time. My friend dove with them at Puerto Plata and was also very pleased with their services.
They have great boats, no overcrowding.
I am an experienced diver and my travel partner was a total beginner, but we both felt very well taken care of.
You can check out their web www.dresseldivers.com

I wish you great diving !

RichMoneymaker

Jul 1, 2006
anyone know how much scuba diving cost approximately in DR me and my girlfriend want to go but arent sure how much it will cost and if its even worth it.. we have never dived before but both can swim more than adequately ive looked at both sites but dont see any prices. any information will help.. thanks in advance

nickijay

Jul 14, 2006
If there is an aqua center in the area, you are going they are profesional, friendly and reasonable. www.aqua-center.com you can do an introductory course for around $70. I couldnt recommend them highly enough,
I belive scubacarribe are very good also but have no personal experience of them.

RichMoneymaker

Jul 1, 2006
thank you... anymore information is welcomed as well.. i want to do an introduction course and a dive.. i want to know what the total cost will be around it doesnt say on any of the websites

nickijay

Jul 14, 2006
With aqua center you do a pool sesson where you practice all of the procedures you need to learn to go into the ocean, finding your regulator, cleaning your mask etc then you do a dive from the beach all for $70 once you've done that there are other dives you can do and if your really confident you can do padi courses.
I only have the number for the Sosua centre but they do have other sites 571 3690 ext 3118 ask for reynaldo im sure he'll point you in the right direction, tell him nicki told you to call.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
you don't need to be certified,that's why they do the introduction courses.
certified divers don't need the introduction course and get discounts on the regular dives.
a normal dive in front of punta cana is around $50.- per person per dive, there are at all dive centers packages available and they also all sell packages to dive in the caribbean sea e.g. isla catalinita aso.
all the above mentioned diving schools are reliable and work professional, so the best is to use the one based at the beach of your resort, you don't have to drive around to find something else, they all show the same prize range for the same dive spots. i would not recommend to hook up with dive centers not stationed within a resort, there's anyways at this moment only one left in the whole punta cana area.
have fun on our beautiful island
Mike

leonardito

Apr 16, 2006
leonardito.com
diving

see this site :

Place the link not the whole website, I couldnt find it.
I have had many complaints about the website you posted, place it somewhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:

puntacanaPeter

Aug 14, 2006
diving in Punta Cana

Check out this website, they have good info about diving in Punta Cana <a href="http://www.puntacana-information-guide.com" target="_blank">www.puntacana-information-guide.com</a>

Let me know if this helps, the diving around Saona Island is probably the best in the area.