Sankies

Foreign women love sankies because

• They are feminists who feel they have a right to buy sex

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • They are actually searching for "love"

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • They are plain stupid, especially if they actually fall in love with a sankie

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Don't get much action at home, the extra attention during vacation is too tempting to ignore

Votes: 52 62.7%
  • Women don't feel they visited the DR unless they have been "sankified"

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
We all have our opinion regarding the reason for women falling for Sankies.

But, is your "reason" the most widely accepted by DR1ers?

Hmmm, caste your vote and let's see!

-NALs

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Watch that movie with Charlotte Rampling : "Vers le sud"

It was shot in Las Terrenas, and it is right on the subject of that poll....

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Wtfc???

I feel that this poll is not valid for the plain reason that a woman that goes on vacation to DR for the first time, knows jack-sh** about sankies...

And once she's been 'sankiefied'...oh, well...it's too late to do anything about it...

But, you have to consider that a man posted this...so there it goes!!! Once again, proving that MEN don't know anything about WOMEN!!!

And after all...WHO CARES???:tired:

Waste of bandwith poll...:ermm: :cheeky:

MQ

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
Musicqueen said:
I feel that this poll is not valid for the plain reason that a woman that goes on vacation to DR for the first time, knows jack-sh** about sankies...

And once she's been 'sankiefied'...oh, well...it's too late to do anything about it...

But, you have to consider that a man posted this...so there it goes!!! Once again, proving that MEN don't know anything about WOMEN!!!

And after all...WHO CARES???:tired:

Waste of bandwith poll...:ermm: :cheeky:

MQ

MQ, you are so right......so many of these girls have no clue what a sankie is, I never heard of them until after I got home and found this website. :paranoid:

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
What's the purpose of the poll?-

(Anna) and Nals,

Please kindly tell me what the point of this poll is? When the results are tallied will you have better insight to the solution to the "sankie" problem in the DR? Needless to say I don't see the point of this survey.

As for the options to choose from when I read it my first reaction was they were definitely chosen by a man.

Well, instead of answering the poll I would rather critique the options in hopes getting a better explanation:

1) They are feminists who feel they have a right to buy sex-

Absolute nonsense. Please further define such a ludicrous assumption.

2) They are actually searching for "love" -

One can search for love anywhere for that matter. The DR does not have a selective brand name of men IMO.

3) They are plain stupid, especially if they actually fall in love with a sankie -

This is a very broad generalization to say that they are plain "stupid".

A better choice of words may be "naive" with a lack of cultural awareness among the factors that heavily influence why some women are easily taken by these men.

4) Don't get much action at home, the extra attention during vacation is too tempting to ignore -

This is the only option that has some truth but is a broad generalization.

5) Women don't feel they visited the DR unless they have been "sankified" -

Again utter nonsense! Nals, in many of your posts I have seen the phrase "don't paint everyone with the same brush" Isn't this what you are doing?

Once again once the results are tallied then what? I think your energy can be better channeled elsewhere to help the many social problems that pervade the DR social realm.

-LDG.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Nals will have to answer your questions.

I knew he was doing polls in some of the forums but I didn't know in advance that he was doing one here nor did I have a hand in the questions. Yes certainly the kind of questions made up by a man and they can't be changed once they have been posted not even by a mod.

What good will they serve? I have no clue, he'll have to answer that one too.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Wow...I thought I was the ONLY ONE that thought like that!!!

Thanks, Leslie...and AnnaC :)

MQ

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
1,000 Posts!

Lesley D said:
Again utter nonsense! Nals, in many of your posts I have seen the phrase "don't paint everyone with the same brush" Isn't this what you are doing?
-LDG.

Indeed.

And on the occasion of my 1,000th post I would like to reiterate one thing....

Nals is a moron.

I'm glad we could share this moment together.

Nals, I hope you're watching.

Scandall

Sholly24

I'm an athiest loving Obama fan!
Mar 5, 2006
Sankies ain't really Hanky Pankies

I think that point number 2 and number 4 do have some element of truth in it but then the reason is not far fetched. If I was a lady and probably not quite good looking or going over the hill in age and met a tall handsome young man who paid me a lot of attention, I could throw caution to the wind. Not necessarily because I am stupid but can I help it?. And even if I knew that he was a sankie, hey what the heck if he really threw it down in the sack like a real stud?. I really would not care. You can only live life once. Most sankies are generally very good looking, good dancers etc and they know that they have what women desire in a man. They have seen the ways the gringas looks at them and they know how to pick their targets. But it is all the same way that women work on men that these men work on the women.

The economics of the DR in relation to tourism has created the sankie culture but it is a natural culture that will evolve when you mix young good looking men/women with no viable source of income with male/female tourist on vacation with pocket full of cashola .

I have had the opportunity to visit cuba a few times and the introduction of tourism in that country is also breeding a type of 'sankie' or 'male hustler' (jinetero) culture at the moment because of the economic situation. However in cuba at the moment, it is not really very obvious because the cuban government has taken very strong steps to try as much as possible to separate cubans from tourists. The resort workers in cuba are specifically chosen and they are constantly being spied upon by fellow workers. The slightest evidence of hooking up with a tourist will get them a one way ticket out of the dollar economy and back to poverty or to jail. It is just to risky for most of them.

I was at a club last year in Puerto Plata and I witnessed the whole sankie scene being payed out between three sankies and three female tourists. There was the dancing and making out and grinding being played out and initially it was leaving a taste in my mouth but suddenly it did not really look that bad when I realized that I constantly see girls doing the same dirty dancing and making out in clubs over here in the US but not with 'sankies'. They were young girls on vacation and looking for some fun, sun and any other nice extras. Hey, I wished them luck. You only live life once.

There is a lady friend at my office whose every conversation with her husband always ended with the words 'I love you' and the husband would say the same thing back. They have been married for close to 12 years. Even if they called each other 20 times during the day, it always ended with the same words. One day I jokingly asked her whether she was not tired of saying it all the time and hearing her husband say the same thing. She emphatically said 'no' and indicated that she would still like her husband to tell her that he loved her even if he did not mean it. This actually surprised me that she would admit that she wants her husband to tell her that he loved her even if he really did not. I am not sure if that is true for most women but if it is, then that is part of the answer right there.

In the western world we have 'sankies' also but they are called 'gigolos'. Some rich old women know where to find them and some of these 'gigolos' know where to find their victims.

What I am trying to say is that the 'sankie' culture exists all over the world and it is nothing new. It just has different colors and different spins in different economies.

And we have some of the girls going back home and telling their girlfriends how much 'fun' they had. There will be many more coming next year for their own experience. The word has gone round.

Hey, sankies can be very useful and they do perform an important function. How unfair would life be if only the really good looking girls got the best looking guys?.

Sholly

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
MQ, Scandall & Monsoon68-

Thanks for understanding my post.

I normally don't post in this forum however, every two-three months I feel inclined to comment due to the bias that constantly prevails here. This poll is a perfect example of what I constantly see and it's a shame really if that is the mindset of many.

The poll is blatantly biased and even reveals some elements of disrespect for women. Regardless whether some women are taken by "sankies" too many generalizations such the ones above make me question the validity,the purpose and the source.

I don't plan on posting any further unless it's necessary but something needed to be said. Enough is enough.

-LDG.

Last edited:

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
i have to agree with les and anna. It is interesting that though...that the question that has the highest percentage so far is least offensive question.

not to offend anyone...#1 could be rephrased as "SOME women are horny too and dont mind paying for sex".

Not all the women who go after sankies are desperate and or ugly etc. I have seen many attractive women who willingly and actively go after sankies...and they totaly know what is going on. THey are on vacation...and they want to get there groove on...so who cares?

i do feel for the naive ones who think they are actualy finding "love".

We all travel for different reasons. Some will only go to the DR one time and just want escapism. Others like to get get into the whole cultural experience. I see no need to poke fun and insult the people who are leisure travelers

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
idea

I think a thread asking a few questions like:

1. Why men/women fall for sankies?

2. The lines the sankies use on them.

3. Did you know about sankies before heading on your vacation?

4. Did you fall in love, or just want the sex?

5. How much did it cost you - on your vacation and back home?

6. Did you learn a lesson, or would you do it again?

7. How long did it take to find out he/she was a sankie?

8. Did you travel back to visit?

9. What resort did he/she work at?

10. Did DR1 give you valuable information, and help? (I think this quesiton is most important).

These questions would not generalize or make "women" out to be stupid.

This forum is the only one with drama in it, that's why people keep reading and posting.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Wow!

Poll question " They are feminists who feel they have a right to buy sex". Wow .. is about all that manages to come out of my mouth. Nals, I think you put your foot in it right here. This sentence is offensive. I would strongly suggest that you ask the powers that be to delete this poll and do a new one. One where you've asked some of the women on this site to check your questions first.

Simbul

May 26, 2005
For Fun

I thought a poll like this was simply for amusement. Why is everyone taking it so serious? :surprised

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Simbul said:
I thought a poll like this was simply for amusement. :surprised

Perhaps for amusement only .. I wonder then why I'm not amused? ;) And reading the responses, I'm not alone in my state of non-amusement. Another poll is in order - Ladies, how many of you are not amused by this poll?

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Queee!!!

Simbul said:
I thought a poll like this was simply for amusement. Why is everyone taking it so serious? :surprised
"EVERYONE" is taking it seriously because NOT ALL foreign women bed SANKIES in the DR!.

WHY?:

Because even if it was written by a man, it still does not mean that the OP should generalize!.

WHY?:

Because people should learn how to use their "They" if he does not want EVERYBODY to think that he is "talking" about them!.

WHY?:

Because there are MANY people that DO NOT know what a sankie is before they are "attacked" by those insects.

WHY?:

Because we ALL (yes, I am using my "generalize" word, the one that I rarely use, but used it now because in my heart, I feel it) know that MALES, yes, MALES, are the ones that use sankiettes more than women in the DR. The problem is that MOST(not ALL, mind you) guys just do it for fun. In case you have not noticed, there are SOME guys that would bed as many sankiettes as they can, while on vacation, and SOME end up marrying them, just like SOME females!

Sorry to tell you NALs, but this poll is a piece of schit unless you change it to "SOME FOREIGN WOMEN" and then start with "SOME" on each of your questions!.

Actually, I am not sorry to tell you since I am "speaking my mind".

Btw, Chis, I am not amused by this poll. And yes, in case you guys are wondering, today, I am a WOMAN!!. LOL.

Last edited:

Sholly24

I'm an athiest loving Obama fan!
Mar 5, 2006
Chris said:
Poll question " They are feminists who feel they have a right to buy sex". Wow .. is about all that manages to come out of my mouth. Nals, I think you put your foot in it right here. This sentence is offensive. I would strongly suggest that you ask the powers that be to delete this poll and do a new one. One where you've asked some of the women on this site to check your questions first.

Although the sentence may sound offensive, we should try to remember that it is a poll and people have been expressing their views based on the results of the poll. I am not always a believer in deletions especially if the statement is just a general statement and not a specific reference to anyone. It is better that it is left as it is and people can express their opinion because in this way, it serves a record of what is/or not acceptable. It would have been meaningless if at least none of the options made sense but there are some of the options that might make some sense.

We are just trying to have some good humor here and people should stop taking some of these things too seriously

Sholly

Status
Not open for further replies.