from Madrid to Puerto Plata

borgiaborges

May 1, 2006
Hello,

I try to get a fly from Madrid to Puerto Plata (I'll stay 9 months in RD ), then Puerto Plata - Madrid.(Ida y vuelta)
It seems that AIRCOMET is the only posibility.
Somebody knows somethig about the days of salida and about the price?

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Google Search

borgiaborges said:
.... AIRCOMET.... days of salida and about the price?
Can THEY not tell you???

Sale Offices Madrid Barajas Airport
Terminal 1 Departures (Gate 3)
Tel.: 00 34 91 324 32 64
Fax: 00 34 91 324 37 02
Email: madsoa7@aircomet.com
Sale Offices Madrid
Calle Principe de Vergara, 128
Metro Cruz del Rayo
Tel: 00 34 91 411 26 24

m'frog

borgiaborges

May 1, 2006
Than you for your answers.

the web site AIRCOMET is already not functional; I asked by mail but nobody answers.
I search with others companies : +/- 2000 euros !!!!! whith 2 scales.
May be easier and chiper from London....

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
borgiaborges said:
Than you for your answers.

the web site AIRCOMET is already not functional; I asked by mail but nobody answers.
I search with others companies : +/- 2000 euros !!!!! whith 2 scales.
May be easier and chiper from London....

You can get some very good deals on flights to Puerto Plata from London....sometimes even as cheap as ?150 return. Also - there are many budget airlines offering cheap flights from Madrid to London....you should be able to get a return flight MADRID-LONDON for under ?100......here are a few sites you could look at:

To DR from London (all charters):
www.thomsonfly.com
www.mytravel.com
www.thomascook.com
www.flymonarch.com
www.avro.com
www.firstchoice.co.uk

To London from Madrid (bare in mind that all charter flights to the DR depart from London Gatwick (LGW) with the exception of Avro who have flights to POP from London Luton & London Stansted.

BA currenty have special offers on their flights within Europe so check out their website( they fly to LGW): www.ba.com

Also - low cost airline Easyjet fly into LGW: www.easyjet.com

Good luck.....let us know how you go!

Daydream

Last edited:

borgiaborges

May 1, 2006
Thank you, I tryed AIR EUROPA, IBEROSTAR,
and all the adresses given by Daydream ( the Firstchoice is a haircutter ??) but I coudn't find anything and my travelagency don't answer me , neither aircomet.
I want to leave next 13 may, .........how??????
HELP!!!!!!!!

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
That address should have been .co.uk and not .com!! I have corrected.

What are your exact dates, times, etc??

borgiaborges

May 1, 2006
I would leave on 15 or 16 or 17 may from madrid or london (I leave in the south of france) and return +/- 20 december.

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
borgiaborges said:
I would leave on 15 or 16 or 17 may from madrid or london (I leave in the south of france) and return +/- 20 december.

Okey dokey....the reason why you are having problems finding tickets or why they are way too expensive is because you are looking over such a long timeframe. Your best bet would be to buy a one way ticket to London with someone like Easyjet and then a cheap charter to POP from London.

It's very rare to find a one way charter ticket to the DR however you do find them from time to time. So it's likely that you will have to book a one or two week return flight and just use the outbound leg. These tickets are cheap - I had a look for you and there is a flight leaving Gatwick on 17th May for ?227 (www.airflights.co.uk).

Then when you want to come home in Dec you can buy a one way flight back to London from the DR - these flights you can only book when you are there and nearer the time. You may even be able to get a direct flight to Madrid.

I believe that this will be your cheapest option - only other option is to pay through the nose and go scheduled for EUR 2000+

Good luck and let us know how you go
Daydream

borgiaborges

May 1, 2006
Thank you very very much to help me.
I'm interesting in your solution, but I havn't any residency card yet. I'm going to ask for it, but it is said that with the only turist card we need the return ticket .
Do you know if I have a posibility to enter without return ticket and any visa or resident card ?

What does outbound leg minds ? does it minds that I by a ticket with a return 1 or 2 weeks later but I use it only for one way and loose it ?

Last edited:

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
borgiaborges said:
Thank you very very much to help me.
I'm interesting in your solution, but I havn't any residency card yet. I'm going to ask for it, but it is said that with the only turist card we need the return ticket .
Do you know if I have a posibility to enter without return ticket and any visa or resident card ?

What does outbound leg minds ? does it minds that I by a ticket with a return 1or 2 weeks later but I use it only for one way ?

Hello - you are absolutely right - just using the outbound leg means that you buy a 1 or 2 week return flight but you only use it like a one way ticket. Just don't turn up for the return flight and then when you want to go home in December you can buy a one way flight out of the DR back to Madrid.

As you will be buying a return ticket to enter the country you do not need your residency.

Paulino

Jan 4, 2002
Cheap flights LGW to POP

@borgiaborges,

I just looked up a flight from London Gatwick to POP on May 17, one week's stay (but that wouldn't matter to you :) ) GBP 204 round trip everything included, even fuel surcharge. That is, meals are GBP 12 extra if you want them. The website is www.a1travel.com (and not co.uk). The carrier is Thomsonfly/Britannia or whatever it is called these days.

I'm kinda tempted to go myself...

Para que Vd. lo sepa.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
This is the way I am thinking of going (from UK) for 2+ month later this year. But what is the price of that single flight back to UK (say from POP or STI) ? And where/how to buy that ?

I think getting a single flight back to UK (with short notice and a good price) might not be easy, can it be done on the internet or phone from here in advance?

I always wondered what happens to all the charters coming back with empty spaces - why don't they sell those seats !?

Paulino

Jan 4, 2002
Uzin said:
This is the way I am thinking of going (from UK) for 2+ month later this year. But what is the price of that single flight back to UK (say from POP or STI) ? And where/how to buy that ?

I think getting a single flight back to UK (with short notice and a good price) might not be easy, can it be done on the internet or phone from here in advance?

I always wondered what happens to all the charters coming back with empty spaces - why don't they sell those seats !?

I would assume that the single return flight wouldn't be VERY expensive, the airline ought to be happy to be able to sell a seat for something, a seat that otherwise would take off empty. But I have no hands-on experience here. Perhaps what you're offered would depend on how desperate you appear to be when you show up at the airport to investigate about available seats - because that's how you do it, I've been told. No internet, no phone.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
So, go to the airport to investigate/book a flight for another day or turn up with luggage and hope to get a flight to leave right away ?!?

I wonder if anyone has a first hand experience..... ?

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
daydream said:
Okey dokey....the reason why you are having problems finding tickets or why they are way too expensive is because you are looking over such a long timeframe. Your best bet would be to buy a one way ticket to London with someone like Easyjet and then a cheap charter to POP from London.

It's very rare to find a one way charter ticket to the DR however you do find them from time to time. So it's likely that you will have to book a one or two week return flight and just use the outbound leg. These tickets are cheap - I had a look for you and there is a flight leaving Gatwick on 17th May for ?227 (www.airflights.co.uk).

Then when you want to come home in Dec you can buy a one way flight back to London from the DR - these flights you can only book when you are there and nearer the time. You may even be able to get a direct flight to Madrid.

I believe that this will be your cheapest option - only other option is to pay through the nose and go scheduled for EUR 2000+

Good luck and let us know how you go
Daydream

I have looked at UK charter options to the DR as well, but found that they generally only let you book from a UK address, only if you?re UK citizen, or something similar. I would be very interested, because Amsterdam to London flights are dirt cheap and the kind of tickets you are all talking about from the UK seem very attractively priced. Do you know which charter companies allow people from other EU countries to book and fly_ Cheers.