Air Conditioning

jackquontee

May 20, 2005
I have researched a few of the forums trying to gather information on air conditioning businesses, and have found just about everything but.

After having taken a few trips (the last one being for 3 weeks) to the house I bought back in January in Puerto Plata, I have decided that air conditioning is going to be absolutely necessary.

Can anyone steer me to a reputable air conditioning installer on the North Coast?

Last edited:

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
A while ago (a year or two) someone posted that he Refripartes on the Carretera toward Sos?a (before Plaza Turisol, other side of the street near Vimeca - not far from Deposito Ferreterio) is good.

I have no idea if that is still the case, but I do remember that post.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Yes, I know a couple in town - they have visited me a couple of times to rectify minor problems. BOTH companoes that they work with/for sell A/C units too although you might get a better price deal in Santiago Pricesmart & just have these fellows do the installation if Pricesmart don't offer that service in Puerto Plata!!

Give me a call NEXT time you are in the area & I'll give you their names & numbers!! ~ Grahame.

jackquontee

May 20, 2005
Thanks for the responses

Grahame, the fact of the matter is that the LAST time I was in POP I attempted to call you, and several other people. Only one time did I get through, and then there was no answer. There seems to be a serious problem in making a connection when trying to make a call there. I tried from my home phone as well as my DR cell phone. The first week I chalked it up to Semana Santa. I don't know what the hell the problem was the two weeks following. I seemed to have less of a problem with receiving calls. That was why I PM'd you while I was still there and asked you to call me.

In any event, I'll be back down next month and will try again. In fact, I'm going to call now and see if I can't straighten the problem out.