jobs in puerto plata

sarahwatton

May 3, 2006
Hi

Can someone please help me findingjobs in puerto plata, i also need living accommodation there too?

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
And what makes you qualified for a job in Puerto Plata. I hear Cento Medical Bournigal is looking for another neuro-surgeon. Qualified?

sarahwatton

May 3, 2006
no. i have worked in computers, hotels, retail can speak english basic french and learning spanish

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
So the only difference between you and a large number of Dominicans is that they are fluent in Spanish? You have yet to present a reason why a potential employer would be interested in hiring you.

Russian

Aug 27, 2004
www.partbeamsystech.com
Let's try you, HOWMAR

I can take apart computer tomography machine (3D ultrasound, radiation machine, etc...) if Centro Medical Bournigan has one, repair anything inside, put it back together, and make it work as if it just left OEM testing floor. Would this qualify me for work at Sosua, or do I also need ability to give surfing lessons? ;)

By the way, I speak five languages including conversable Spanish.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Russian said:
I can take apart computer tomography machine (3D ultrasound, radiation machine, etc...) if Centro Medical Bournigan has one, repair anything inside, put it back together, and make it work as if it just left OEM testing floor. Would this qualify me for work at Sosua, or do I also need ability to give surfing lessons? ;)

By the way, I speak five languages including conversable Spanish.
Maybe you should try Philips Medical Imaging. They supply most of the CT and imaging equipmant in the DR. Their techs probably make 15,000 a month. Maybe they would hire you if you would work for less.;)

Russian

Aug 27, 2004
www.partbeamsystech.com
Wouldn't call center be better?

LOL< Howmar, thanks for the advice. I was looking through ElCaribe this morning and noticed full page ad from call center is SD offering RD$19,000 - if I work for less then at least I could make as much as CT techs at Phillips Medical.

Call center could be good idea to check for sarahwatton, she speaks English and so has a chance there.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
She said Puerto Plata. The major Call Center in Puerto Plata is only hiring English/Spanish reps. at this time. A Cedula is required also. You also will find that most employers shy away from expats new to the country. They don't want to invest time and money in training in someone who, odds are, won't last very long in the job.