seed money?

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Does anyone know of any international organizations that provide seed money for small enterprises?

The person in question (a personal friend) is a single mother, living in Venezuela, with the idea to start a party planning business. She is making a business plan now. Her initial document is for $2800 US; however I have asked her to revise it to more closely match a business plan that a bank or organization would consider.

Any leads would be great.

She is looking for angel capital, of course.

MaineGirl

Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
With all due respect I believe that a number of people who may know of these types of programs post on DR1.

And there is no board like this for Venezuela, you have one in a million here.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
MaineGirl said:
With all due respect I believe that a number of people who may know of these types of programs post on DR1.

And there is no board like this for Venezuela, you have one in a million here.
Actually, there are similar message boards for Venezuela. Here is one.

I know one of the charities I donate to, talk about giving loans for micro businesses ($2,800 might more than they give). It might be Oxfam, I will check when I get home.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Nope, Oxfam channels funds through community organisations, and does not make donations to individuals. Anyway they don't work in Venezuela.

MG, I would do some Google searching on terms like Banco de la Mujer/Microempresas/Microfinanza/'fondos rotatorios para mujeres' in Venezuela, specifically in the area where she lives.

Apr 10, 2006
MG,

I know of something... I will post the link in a few hours... when I get a confirm email from my friend who works there.

NA

MaineGirl

Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
muchas gracias...especially for those search terms, I was googling all the wrong things.

Rellosk, that board has a whole lot of soliciting going on! We at least have that classy Sankie foro. And the PROBLEM WITH VENEZUELA is the goshdarn politics, I can't wade through acres of anti/pro Chavez op-ed.