GI needs help from Korea to Dr

USAF

May 10, 2006
I?m active duty military need cheap airfare from Korea to Dr before I go to Iraq will need to travel in Aug- Sept time frame any and all help would be appreciated.

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Space A

USAF said:
I?m active duty military need cheap airfare from Korea to Dr before I go to Iraq will need to travel in Aug- Sept time frame any and all help would be appreciated.
Can you get closer using Space A?

Chuckuindy

USAF

May 10, 2006
Space a

Normaly I would try to take space a but I have spent a year in korea and now i am going to dr and dont want to waste time in travel I have sen thje wife and kids in a year and dont mind spending the money but dont want to get riped off to bad.
Thanks again for the idea.

Jun 5, 2004
Well your best bet will be to travel either thru Santo Domingo or Punta Cana. The chepaest I found was from seoul to SDQ and it will be 1406 before taxes making two stops. If you want to make it only doing one stiop it will be 2 grand plus some taxes. You can get a fare of 1370 by making two stops and flying into Santiago. This is all thru American and its OneWorld Alliance partners.

JC171

Oct 20, 2002
Perhaps look into buying two tickets
one from Korea to NYC using someone like Korean air,Thai,Jal
and then from NYC to DR using American,continental,delta,or jetblue
Best of luck

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
I heard recently on CBS that the Pentagon says more than 5500 servicemen have deserted since the war started in Iraq. I wonder if a US serviceman goes AWOL in the DR, can he be deported?

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Mirador your numbers are wrong and what does it have to do with this thread unless you are just trying to start trouble or trying to cast aspersions on the character of the OP. Which is it?

http://www.stripes.com/article.asp?section=104&article=29317&archive=true

As an act of (absent without leave) or (dropped from the roles) from a US military organization is a crime against the US government the DR government would not be able to use that crime as a means to deport a suspected person of that crime. If the US government wished to extradite said person, which they never would do, then the necessary paperwork could be submitted from the US government to the DR government requesting said action and the DR government could or would not extradite said person.

Rick

“As a scientist Trummuffer knew that if he were ever to break wind in the echo chamber, he would never hear the end of it.”

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Rick Snyder said:
Mirador your numbers are wrong and what does it have to do with this thread unless you are just trying to start trouble or trying to cast aspersions on the character of the OP. Which is it?...QUOTE]

No, not at all! I have tremendous respect for US service men/women, and also for those who conscientiously object to unjust wars. I happened to be reading the other day about the Vietnam War, where over 500.000 US military servicemen decided to exercise their prerogatives of conscience, and deserted instead of going to fight the Vietnamese. the article stated that most went to Canada. So, why can't those US servicemen who decide not to participate in the illegal war in Iraq, come to the DR? We should welcome them with open arms.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
By the way, it's Throckmorton, not 'Trummuffer'. Didn't know you were a fan of bad novels....?... ;-)

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
"Throckmorton, not 'Trummuffer", your memory is better then mine.

Still the wrong thread. If the subject matter of desertion and/or awol in the DR military and its correlation to combat or its comparison to other militaries is your desire then you know how to start a new thread.

Your habit of interpolating threads, especially those requesting honest information, borders on the kitsch. Your obstinate and orchidaceous interjections have caused you to acquire a reputation analogous to that of Nal’s. (I must state that Nal’s is okay in my book).

If this doesn’t bother you then so be it but be aware that your bellicose attempts have a time and place and your foible seems to be in determining when that time or where that place is.

Rick

“As a scientist Throckmorton knew that if he were ever to break wind in the echo chamber, he would never hear the end of it.”

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
Some of us look forward to Mirador's posts. And I'm being serious this time. His tone, like macocael's and Tordok's and Chiri's, is never condescending.

Mirador, maco, Tordok, and Chiri for president.

-The Kid
Not kidding

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Please don't get me wrong I too enjoy Mirador's word but he is unlike Chiri and Macocael as they don't post with the intension of starting a controversy and deviating from the thread and its purpose such as here and now.

As I don't like to get off subject, unlike you, I will now unsubscribe from this thread as I have done enough damage to it and its original purpose.

Rick

USAF

May 10, 2006
Thanks for the help, but dont **** me off...

I have been in the USAF for 18 years and serving in Korea for the second time I have never been so proud to serve with my current team that is going to Iraq, which I have been deployed to the region several times. The point is I was asking for help getting home to DR to see my family which I haven?t really seen in the last 5 yrs since 9/11. And I won?t see them from September 2006-2007. If you are going to make comments please educate your self on what?s going on before you **** off the people that are trying to help you. I don?t make policy on what is going on in the world I just follow the orders of my leaders good or bad. Be specific the next time your make comments.
v/r
USAF

LOPTKA

Feb 12, 2002
Good luck getting home to see your family. You and them both deserve it!! And thank you for all you have done and will soon be doing! ( My nephew is an Airman, other is a Marine)

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Mirador said:
I heard recently on CBS that the Pentagon says more than 5500 servicemen have deserted since the war started in Iraq. I wonder if a US serviceman goes AWOL in the DR, can he be deported?

You never pass up an opportunity to take a shot...facts are usually the first casualty.

Have another beer,

Scandall

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
USAF said:
I have been in the USAF for 18 years and serving in Korea for the second time I have never been so proud to serve with my current team that is going to Iraq, which I have been deployed to the region several times. The point is I was asking for help getting home to DR to see my family which I haven?t really seen in the last 5 yrs since 9/11. And I won?t see them from September 2006-2007. If you are going to make comments please educate your self on what?s going on before you **** off the people that are trying to help you. I don?t make policy on what is going on in the world I just follow the orders of my leaders good or bad. Be specific the next time your make comments.
v/r
USAF

God speed. Thank you for serving.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
JC171 said:
Perhaps look into buying two tickets
one from Korea to NYC using someone like Korean air,Thai,Jal
and then from NYC to DR using American,continental,delta,or jetblue
Best of luck

I agree with JC171.

This sounds like the best idea.

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
USAF,
Having retired with 22 years with the US Army I have used Space A travel a number of times in my life. The major problem being the hold over from one base to the next waiting for that flight.

It would seem to me that the possibility of snatching a flight out of Osan AFB would be easy and could get you to a mainland where a connecting flight would be easier to get you closer to your final destination. Being Air Force your chances of help along the way are much better then for a member of a different branch as everything is run by the AF. There is that tendency to show favoritism. Space A might add a day or two to your travel time but at $10 a flight and the possibility of getting a few thousand miles knocked off your distance would allow a cheaper purchase price for the last leg of your travels. Food for thought.

I’ve listed a couple of links below for you to check out. Good luck.

http://www.osan.af.mil/Public/731AMS/Space A/SpaceA_Home.htm

http://spacea.info/signup/nonsecure.htm

Rick