El Candil Boca Chica

jamaicanredstripe

May 5, 2006
How far is the beach from El Candil?
What are the nearby bars around El Candil? I read about some 'Pink City' or something like that.
Are other Restarants, Bars around the area. Is it safe around there to walk or one needs transportation.
I am coming very near to my trip. Please Advise.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
you are just a block and and a half from the beach. Candil is on top of a small hill...but i have walked (sometimes stumbled) back in the wee hours. Never ever a problem.

The bars are all on the main street (calle duarte). and the pink house is a brothel er..ah..message parlor right accross from candil (dont ask me about it..its not my scene).

Fernando's is my favorite restaruant. Its cheap and good.

Do a search here for candil...i am sure you will find all the info you need. And give my best to Petteri, Guiseppi, Sandy y Maria

Brian

Jan 5, 2002
WHAT KIND OF FOOD IS FENANDOS.dOMINCAN FOOD FROM WAT I REMEMBER TEN YRS AGO.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
STOP YELLING....all caps!!

yes..fernandos is local dominican food. Pollo Guisado, Pescado Frito con Tostones etc. Very good...not amazing...but just good fish and chicken with rice and beans and quite affordable. and it is not on the main strip (duarte)..so it is nice and quiet.

If you like shrimp...get the camerones creole...but pay the extra 50 pesos and get the grande!!! Big camerones are just better than the smaller ones. If it is not on the menu just ask

B0bbysc0tt

May 11, 2006
jrzyguy said:
STOP YELLING....all caps!!

yes..fernandos is local dominican food. Pollo Guisado, Pescado Frito con Tostones etc. Very good...not amazing...but just good fish and chicken with rice and beans and quite affordable. and it is not on the main strip (duarte)..so it is nice and quiet.

What street is Fernandos on? any other bar or food recommendations?